Rendered helpless
1362 5 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

DJI and Apple strike again.  My Vision App ver. 1.0.43 worked perfectly.  Unfortunately, it automatically updated to ver. 1.0.46(1520)

Now everytime the camera is moved up/down or pic/video used the App crashes.  Also, no longer getting a (%) read on my WI-FI extender.   GREAT!

I'm new to this hobby and I thought b4 buying that dealing with a Chinese product could be a problem so I opted to get a Vision 2 as a first time flyer. Less invested to cut any losses and simple enough for me and all that I required.  I haven't even flown it yet....planned that all my flying will be with LOS and that I just wanted to capture some great shots of beach, desert, lakes & ocean since I live in San Diego.  Doing a lot of manual reading, watching a lot of YouTube and just tuning in on many of the boards dedicated to this hobby to learn b4 flying.  I even fly with an App simulator and and can fly my cheapie Syma around the house.  I'm ready to fly my copter for the first time and now this.

This forum has been great...so much input from great people.  However, I have to tell you, there needs to be a major shakeup within the Sales/Marketing/Service divisions of DJI.  If not for the intuitive and daring effort of so many who have risked their investments, there would be no reliable and confident info that you could trust from DJI.

Manuals that are outdated/conflicted and written with no regard for what an owner seeks.  The language barrier is not the problem...I have worked in the Consumer Electronics sector for my entire career and now retired, it never seeks to amaze me how little goes into the practice of technical writing.  At the very least, each DJI (model) should have it's own dedicated and updated support page that is kept current b4 any new firmware is released. Not the crap that is currently on their site.   

Just venting, but once I get everything right again with the firmware/software I'm following the advice that someone here once wrote "that if it's not broke, don't fix it".  So, now I wait (grounded) until DJI fixes the latest IOS upgrade ver of 1.046.  The Syma for $50 is a blast!!!

AMEN

2015-1-25
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

You can downgrade here if you hurry, don't know how long it last...
http://www.appjenny.com/iOS/App/ ... i-innovations.DJEye
2015-1-25
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-1-26 04:53
You can downgrade here if you hurry, don't know how long it last...
http://www.appjenny.com/iOS/App/ ...

Thanks.
I uninstalled ver. 1.46 from my phone....
I figure these idiots will have to update to a version that works this week sometime.
Too many pilots sitting on the runway...fuming!
GEEZ!
2015-1-25
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

Have you tried turning off auto updates on your phone? Can't blame DJI for that....
2015-1-25
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

csauer52 Posted at 2015-1-26 05:57
Have you tried turning off auto updates on your phone? Can't blame DJI for that....

Sure did...my bad...not looking to indict DJI....but some accountability would be nice.
LOL!
2015-1-25
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Same thing when android updated to 5.0 lollipop nexus 7. Nothing in my house gets updated anymore. My policy, If it ain't broke don't fix it.
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules