Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richbarksby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello

Just finding my way with the P4 and wanted to know how I cache or download satelite maps (Google) whilst off line and out flying?

Tried on line moving around then disconnecting and then all map data is lost (apart from basic Google standard map)

All location services are on - Nexus 7 v2

Thanks

2016-7-21
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you don't have maps it should be no big deal.
I've flown the P3 since it was released and only used maps once.

But the normal way to cache maps is to open the DJI app at home with your tablet connected to wifi.
Go to camera view and open the map window.
Find the area you are interested in at the scale you want and pan around all over the area.
That should be it.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello richbarksby, you may need to cache the map with Wifi service before your flight. Zoom in and move the map in the camera view and the map will be automatically cached.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, in Google map on your Nexus 7, you need to turn on the option to cache map.  At home with wifi connected, then you zoom in and zoom on the place you intend to fly, it should be cached then.

Disconnect the wifi and see if the details of the map are preserved.
2016-7-21
Use props
richbarksby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys

Tried all above and didnt work out in the field. Do I need to leave tablet switched on up until point of flight?
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

richbarksby@gma Posted at 2016-7-25 23:35
Hi guys

Tried all above and didnt work out in the field. Do I need to leave tablet switched on up u ...

Don't know why it's not working for you.
After you get the map zoomed in your flying area then close the GO app and the map should be there when you get to your flying area.
2016-7-25
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

Sounds like a bug perhaps?
2016-7-25
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Why u don't give th option to change the source of map ( Goggel or Here or baidou ...)  it's a bit pain in the ass th ave a Germangalaxy s5 with Googel maps and lib in China. I installed Here and Baidou..but I can't use.
Just give during installation of the App the change to choose. Its not so hard to do..
2016-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-7-26 11:30
Why u don't give th option to change the source of map ( Goggel or Here or baidou ...)  it's a bit p ...

'It is not so hard to do.'

On the contrary, it is not easy to do either. In order to use any maps the application developer has to pay a licence fee to the map provider, and then you have to use the map provider's SDK to implement the maps.
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules