"DEAD" Brand new Inspire 1 Battery, No response & no lights?
1643 18 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captainteric
New
Flight distance : 1173186 ft
  • >>>
Sint Maarten

I purchaed a new Inspire battery a few months ago but have never used or charged it. I had it as a spare back up, but today I went to charge it and it doesnt charge and no lights come on? Is there anyway of resetting the battery as we are in Sint Maarten and shipping to DJI is very costly. regards
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChK_jZ8qje2z-I8JVbnTrIg
Captain Eric

2016-7-22
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

If it is in warranty I would send it back.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you had attached a video of the issue, it's not coming through.

I'm sorry to here you're having issues. Could you clarify how long you have had the battery and what percentage it was stored at?
2016-7-22
Use props
Steve.Bridges
New

United States

I had the same trouble, I sent one Inspire 1 back to Bestbuy and the second which I decided to keep had the same trouble, I got in contact with the Support staff via the chat format. They sent me an email which I had to reply to with pictures and a video of the problem and a screen shot which I could not send other than with one of my TB48 batteries which is irrelevant to the claim. I am waiting to here back from them on this issue. I would guess it is not the battery itself, I think it is in the control electronics because when I put it on charge on my charging hub the charging hub displays a green light saying it is fully charged! I am hoping to here back by Tuesday if not I will contact them again. The batteries are expensive so, I may face divorce court when my wife sees I charged two TB498s to our Amazon account.  
2016-7-22
Use props
brooksa31
New

United States

I had purchased 4 of these Inspire 1's from Bestbuy before finally getting one with a working battery. I have ordered two of the TB47's on amazon through DJI. Both came DOA. I am now purchasing the TB48 to see if I have the same problem. Out of the 6 batteries I have gotten only 1 works. I called DJI and they said I could send them in for warranty but I shouldn't have to do this with a brand new platform, nor go through the wait of waiting for two weeks. It is very frustrating and they wouldn't even offer me anything for my troubles. I am getting frustrated here and if there is one more battery that comes DOA I may end up returning the entire system because I need more batteries, not dead paper weights. Very disappointing.
2016-8-13
Use props
jeffaltman99
New

United States

I am on my 4th purchase from Amazon.  All batteries are DOA.  I borrowed a friends working battery and the craft would not get passed the 8 pin connector error. Another return. Hoping the 5th one works or I will be giving up.
2016-8-16
Use props
brooksa31
New

United States

jeffaltman99 Posted at 2016-8-17 00:19
I am on my 4th purchase from Amazon.  All batteries are DOA.  I borrowed a friends working battery a ...

You should try the TB48's. Thats what I did and it worked fine on my first purchase. I personally think the TB47's were manufactured poorly and they still were send out. That or they were the first ones made and sat too long and cannot charge up.

2016-8-17
Use props
joeyg
New
Flight distance : 107438 ft
United States

I purchased 4 batteries, 2 47's and 2 48's only 1 47 is working, batteries have never been used or charged, seems like a common problem, any new updates on this?
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

joeyg@smashthir Posted at 2016-8-22 11:51
I purchased 4 batteries, 2 47's and 2 48's only 1 47 is working, batteries have never been used or c ...

Was the TB47 purchased from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2016-8-22
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Yep same for me my new inspire arrived today first thing I did was plugged in the battery and nothing no lights nothing,so the second thing I did was look on line and what do you know I find every man and his dog are having the same problems! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-23 16:24
Yep same for me my new inspire arrived today first thing I did was plugged in the battery and nothin ...

Did you get this from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Have you contacted your supplier to get this addressed?
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-24 01:10
Did you get this from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Have you contacted your supplier to get th ...

Bought it online from overseas
2016-8-23
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-24 01:10
Did you get this from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Have you contacted your supplier to get th ...

The dealer/supplier asked for a movie of the issue which I forwarded to them showing no lights working after charging, they then asked if I had tried it in the drone I told them I had that was 12 hours ago & so far no response from them.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-24 07:55
The dealer/supplier asked for a movie of the issue which I forwarded to them showing no lights wor ...

It's good to hear that it's in the process of getting taken care of. Should you have any difficulty getting this addressed by your dealer, I would recommend sending an email to support@dji.com as well so that you can start a warranty claim with our Headquarters. The Support Center normally asks for similar information as your dealer is requesting, but at least you already have it on hand.
2016-8-24
Use props
DAP.UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3016014 ft
United States

I have had the same problem.  TB47 & 48s will brick themselves if left too long without being charged.  I think the latest firmware has "fixed" the problem.  I am not sure.   But I do have good news for those looking for working brand new TB47/48s, even in  BLACK.  On Amazon there is a DJI dealer named  CAMRISE.  They have just received 400 units from China last week.  I purchased my Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition from them.  It came with a dead "bricked" TB47 on a Friday (3 weeks ago).  I called them and received a working brand new TB47 the very next day, Saturday.  I had also ordered 3 TB48s from them but they did not trust their stock, so I cancels that order.  So I ordered 2 TB48s from DJI, both received DOA 5 days later.  Still waiting for a response with replacements from them.  But Sam from Camrise called me last week to inform me about his fresh stock. I ordered and received 3 TB48 in Black all working as they should.  FYI folks!
2016-8-24
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-25 01:25
It's good to hear that it's in the process of getting taken care of. Should you have any difficult ...

Thanks for your assistance Jamie,I've explained the whole situation to customer support so hopefully I may end up with a positive outcome.
2016-8-24
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DAP.UAV Posted at 2016-8-25 01:45
I have had the same problem.  TB47 & 48s will brick themselves if left too long without being charge ...

Wow that's ridiculous, I can't believe a company like DJI hasn't sorted out this issue, I've owned lots on RC gear over the years & in particular  when it comes to helicopters I only purchase higher end models that have been around for a while,otherwise your just throwing money away & that's why I went with DJI. I hope the firmware is the solution they need,if not at least when I get good packs I understand what I need to do to keep them in good condition. I  have found a store here in Australia that has good prices give a twelve month warranty and pay return shipping if item is DOA,so I have ordered 2xTB48s.
2016-8-24
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DAP.UAV Posted at 2016-8-25 01:45
I have had the same problem.  TB47 & 48s will brick themselves if left too long without being charge ...

Wow that's ridiculous, I can't believe a company like DJI hasn't sorted out this issue, I've owned lots on RC gear over the years & in particular  when it comes to helicopters I only purchase higher end models that have been around for a while,otherwise your just throwing money away & that's why I went with DJI. I hope the firmware is the solution they need,if not at least when I get good packs I understand what I need to do to keep them in good condition. I  have found a store here in Australia that has good prices give a twelve month warranty and pay return shipping if item is DOA,so I have ordered 2xTB48s.
2016-8-24
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-25 13:15
Wow that's ridiculous, I can't believe a company like DJI hasn't sorted out this issue, I've owned ...

Day 3 update, as I've stated in another post DJI has been in contact with me every day to update me on the situation and today I've been told my case is now just waiting approval then after that I should receive a case number. I certainly can't complain about DJI's customer support so far.
2016-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules