New phantom 4 should I upgrade firmware
734 4 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rheaps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89009 ft
Canada

I`m hoping to get my new phantom today or tomorrow. My question is should I upgrade firmware as I am reading so much about upgrades and then flyaways. I have flown a parrot drone for two years now witrh out a crash so I decided to bite the bullet and buy something really good. Thanks for all replies
2016-7-22
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

I recently got my P4 and updated to the current Firmware and have zero issues.
2016-7-22
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Some have had issues ( mostly camera related ) some have not... almost seems like the roll of the dice...
2016-7-22
Use props
rheaps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89009 ft
Canada

that`s why I`m afraid as lately I haven`t had any luck
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

All Phantom flyaways (since P3 and up) have something to do with the user.
There are many factors that the user needs to consider when they fly. Interference free flight environment, properly maintained aircraft, RTH set properly for EACH flight,good compass and IMU calibrations and also do them after firmware update. And the list goes on.
You are free to stay on whatever firmware you are on but we recommend being on the latest.
And most importantly, know all the features, functions, and limitations of your aircraft. The P4 is a highly advanced machine and really need to take the time and read the entire 64 page manual and better yet, read it a few times. The manual and tutorial videos are all available in the app.
I can promise that if you do that then you will be a much better pilot and have a full understanding of your aircraft. And the chances of having a problem will be greatly reduced.
2016-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules