o(^-^)o
fdelwrc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Midnight Flight

^^^ LINK
This is my 15th flight with my DJI P3A

Im just now gathering the courage to venture up higher and farther after crashing on my 2nd flight and damaging my propellars and the gimbal frame mount, which i was able to Super-Glue and notice no real downsides.

Anyways, this is Alaska at Midnight. It was pretty awesome just controlling my craft from inside my Kitchen on the 2nd floor, using my screen window as my view into the beyond.

I had a few moments where I would loose GPS signal, but it seems to come back in a few seconds. Im wondering if something maybe is damaged with that sensor on my crash from 20ft into a building.

I will continue to try to make more interesting videos, i know the content is rather boring but Im new
2016-7-23
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fdelwrc,

Wow, that is midnight!  Unreal!  

Well, I would be a little gun shy under the same circumstances of your early drone experiences.  Just take it slow, as you say, and you will have better experiences.

Be sure to record all your flights and review the footage in detail.  For example; you will quickly learn that fast PANS are pretty useless, except you can point in a radically different direction fast.  But, the audience may get whiplash from trying to view your video.  Have compassion for your audience and they will return to look at more of your work.

As for your gimbal frame mount, maybe you can epoxy a piece of metal (custom made from a can) to the repair for extra strength.  You could use rubber cement for a test to see if it creates gimbal problems or balance issues.  If it looks good, epoxy it.  The rubber cement is easy to remove.

Keep trying, you will succeed.

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-7-23
Use props
fdelwrc
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the response! I will try to improve my camera skills also!

Yep that is midnight, and its actually darker than it normally is because of the recent rains were getting. Its usually pretty bright up until about 2am and then its back at 5am.

I noticed that my gimbal needs an offset to keep the horizon level now, do you think that is from the broken Gimbal plate repair, I believe the repaired section is just as straight as the other 3

If so I have found the replacement plate for a great price only like $30 on amazon
2016-7-23
Use props
johnnycoax
New

United States

Wow! Pretty cool man! Nice job with the cuts. How did you get the camera to not look at grainy at the night time shot? Just filmed with manual ISO? It looked awesome.
2016-7-23
Use props
fdelwrc
lvl.4
United States

Yes manual Iso 100 thank you +Johnnycoax
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job
2016-7-24
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

amazing and so appropriate for my family now, My son, wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cars with a trailer driving to Alaska as we speak from North Carolina.
they are at the moment in Grand praire  north of Edmonton.

this is so cool and I have posted it for them to see what they are up to soon. Thanks

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules