Phantom 4 memory card read problems, firmware and camera problems
4487 12 2016-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cesarbond63
New

Brazil

I have a DJI Phantom 4, firm V01.02.0503, controle Version 1.6.0, App version 2.8.4 (Ipad).
It worked perfect, but yesterday my memory card was full, so I inserted a new memory card (probably corrupted) in Phantom 4, and the image goes black, show some messages of "Air Encoder Error.." (if I not mistake it's 0x800020, but I'm not sure), I tried to turn off and on again several times, only when I take memory card off, it work again. But now it do not record anymore, don't read any memory card, I cannot control the camera (I can see the camera image in Ipad, and the gimbal works when I move the drone, but I can't control or recor with the camera), this probably corrupted the firmware.
I tried to Downgrade using DJI Assistant2 (v1.04), but it fail everytime, I tried to upgrade, but it fails again.
In Computer DJI Assistan2 it shows  "V01.02.0503-", in controler shows "version unknow".
I uploaded a video, so it's more easy to see the problem:

The drone still fly, I can see image, but not record video or photos, and cannot control the camera (up and down).
There is any other way to restore firmware? I need to change memory reader? I'm traveling South America, there is anything I can do here, or only in USA?
Thanks.
Cesar
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello cesarbond63, have you tired to format the cards via DJI Go app? Does it work well with the original 16GB sd card?
2016-7-25
Use props
cesarbond63
New

Brazil

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-25 23:38
Hello cesarbond63, have you tired to format the cards via DJI Go app? Does it work well with the ori ...

Hello. I tried with the 16GB original memory card, but the phantom doesn't read the card.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

cesarbond63 Posted at 2016-7-26 19:02
Hello. I tried with the 16GB original memory card, but the phantom doesn't read the card.

Have you tried to format the card in computer?Does it work well in your computer?
2016-7-26
Use props
cesarbond63
New

Brazil

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-26 08:05
Have you tried to format the card in computer?Does it work well in your computer?

Yes, the card work well in computer. I tried 4 diferents memory cards (16Gb, 32GB (two) and 64Gb), all of them works in computer and cell phone, but none of them the drone reads. It's not reading animore the memory card. The green light near the sd card is always on, doesn't matter if there is a card inside or not.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

cesarbond63 Posted at 2016-7-28 06:48
Yes, the card work well in computer. I tried 4 diferents memory cards (16Gb, 32GB (two) and 64Gb), ...

May I ask:
1.Any error message prompt up when you insert a card into the slot?
2.Also, does the live feed work normally when you insert the card?
3.So currently the card cannot save any photos or videos when your phantom stops recording?
2016-7-27
Use props
cesarbond63
New

Brazil

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-28 10:00
May I ask:
1.Any error message prompt up when you insert a card into the slot?
2.Also, does the li ...

Answer:
1: No. Doesn't show any message when I insert the card in the slot.
2: Yes. It works normally. Except for the card that start the problem (probably the card have a problem), when I insert the that card, the live feed show some grains, distortions and then dissapears (you can check in the video that I send the link).
3: Yes. They don't record nothing. In the Phantom they cannot even Format the memory card, they show a message of "exceded time limit" or something like this.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

cesarbond63 Posted at 2016-7-29 09:16
Answer:
1: No. Doesn't show any message when I insert the card in the slot.
2: Yes. It works norma ...

It is probably an error with the SD card slot or the chips on the camera board. Please contact support@dji.com and send it in for diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-7-28
Use props
rrr2
New

Denmark

any solution on this ???
my p4 does the same ???
2016-9-30
Use props
jeremysanchez
New

United States

i am having the exact same issue! Any news?
2016-10-18
Use props
Christopher Ra
New

United States

I have same issue, I removed the card and refreshed the firmware with the assistant 2 program and then reinstalled the card and formatted it and it seems to be okay. I am selling my Phantom 4 ASAP! Buying  a GoPro Karma drone as soon as it sales!
2017-2-27
Use props
Christopher Ra
New

United States

I should also say that it failed to update a few times before I finally got it to refresh the update, i also reset it to factory settings before the update refresh that worked.
2017-2-28
Use props
Christopher Ra
New

United States

do you have gimble disconnected error?
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules