Phantom 3 Advanced Gimbal LED Solid red and not recording
2410 12 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

My Phantom 3 Advanced Gimbal LED indicator located at the front will turn solid Red after beep initialization. Everything seems to be working fine and the drone will fly whitout issues and the gimbal is also controllable using the controler. But I can't take pictures or record videos. I think there's something wrong in accessing the memory card. How can I check? Please help.

2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any error message in the app like "no SD card" "SD card error" or anything like that.
If nothing helps, you can try to reinstall the firmware and if it still doesn't work then post the hidden log file and I can see if I see anything wrong.

Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello bryan1188, I'd suggest you to post the hidden log as Ken says above.Format the sd card and redo the update before you post the log here.
2016-7-26
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-26 22:49
Is there any error message in the app like "no SD card" "SD card error" or anything like that.
If no ...

Hi Ken, I did update the firmware and it succeeded. But I noticed something strange, during the update the front led indicator was solid red instead of alternating green and red but the sound is D-D-D-D until the update was done. I remove the SD card after update and check the logs and it succeeded. I also remove the bin file on the root directory. I return the sd card back to the drone and the solid red already gone. But the second time I removed the SD card and put it back to the drone the solid red happened again. I did tried to take some picture through the controller and it was able to do so. But when I tried to record a video the screen in the go app will freeze and it will show a status of "signal lost", the drone will beep for several times like it was re-initializing it's camera(without the camera rolling like when we turn-on the aircraft) then after that the video feed to my phone will back again but no video recorded. Please see the logs attached. They are both the logs after the firmware update and the one from the hidden folder.

Logs
2016-7-27
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-27 14:24
Hello bryan1188, I'd suggest you to post the hidden log as Ken says above.Format the sd card and red ...

Hi Paladin,

See my reply above. Thank you for your help!
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

bryan1188 Posted at 2016-7-28 10:39
Hi Ken, I did update the firmware and it succeeded. But I noticed something strange, during the up ...

I've checked your log and the log is normal. But this behavior is strange. Can your drone record a video with other different SD cards?
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Also, if you restart the mobile device or use other mobile device, will the recording issue come up? A video of this recording issue (including the camera status led ) would be appreciated.
2016-7-27
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-28 11:13
Also, if you restart the mobile device or use other mobile device, will the recording issue come up? ...

i will try to have a video recording and will post the link here. I tried to restart the app several times but I can't recall if I tried restarting my mobile device. Also, I am using litchi app and issue is the same using that app.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

bryan1188 Posted at 2016-7-28 11:49
i will try to have a video recording and will post the link here. I tried to restart the app sever ...

Rebooting the app doesn't solve it right?
2016-7-27
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-28 11:59

yes, rebooting the app didn't resolved the issue.
2016-7-27
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

Also, even if I just on the aircraft without turning the controller still it will give me a solid red instead of green.
2016-7-27
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

you see something from the logs?
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

bryan1188 Posted at 2016-7-28 13:52
you see something from the logs?

The log is normal. But this behavior is probably due to hardware error. I'd suggest you to contact support@dji.com and send it in for diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules