Not good for the industry

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/2 ... use-drone.html?_r=0
2015-1-26
Use props
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

hope wont affect the FAA rules consideration.
2015-1-26
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen.  This gives the FAA a better reason yet to really put the heat on us flyers, uav's or otherwise.
2015-1-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I agree, but in a country that lets anyone carry a gun around in public places, a drone seems pretty tame by comparison.
2015-1-26
Use props
lusetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36506 ft
United States

I heard this on the radio this morning. And it is bad news for the RC industry . People have been flying RC for a long time without any trouble like this. Its a matter of time before some knucklehead does something terrible with a RF craft of some kind. I wonder if its a good idea to stock up on RC equipment and a couple Inspires before they are made illegal.
2015-1-26
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was a government employee who flew the drone at 3am and lost control of it hitting a tree and landing on the lawn. The story link is below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/us/white-house-drone.html?_r=1
2015-1-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Here comes licensing !!
2015-1-26
Use props
gizadog.email
lvl.2
United States

Yes, for the government Employees that don't know how to fly!
2015-1-26
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Imho this is the same as banning all cars because suicide bombers use it. Ridiculous! You would think they had better security. If you ask me such people (these pilots) should just receive a hefty fine or jailtime. They harm us all but the RC industry is way to big to see as a whole, and take example of such an isolated incident.

Sure there are places that fall into the 'gray' area but the white house is obviously crossing the line. So are airports and other military or government sites. I personally have my own limits; I don't fly or film in places where it might be offensive to some people and I don't fly above crowds. We should all see to it that fellow pilots have some decency to do the same.
2015-1-26
Use props
jebryant10.emai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-1-26 23:39
I agree, but in a country that lets anyone carry a gun around in public places, a drone seems pretty ...

Try smoking in public!
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules