FIXED — Tilted Horizon After The Gimbal Replacement by DJI NL
2249 10 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

So I have purchased my first Phantom 4 back in the middle of June, and right after a first flight I have noticed a big horizon problem, also the it wouldn't level itself.
I went back to the local dealer, and they advised me to leave the unit, and they will get in touch with DJI to resolve this issue.

The Phantom 4 unit was sent it for diagnostics to DJI Netherlands repair center.

It was diagnosed with a defective gimbal, and it was replaced with a new one.
So, the dealer phone me up yesterday, and told me that the unti was repaired, and I could pick it up!

I was orverhelmed with the news, and rushed to pick it up!
After opening the box, I could see a foam pad protecting the camera underneath.

I was very happy, charged up my battery, calibrated IMU, compass, gimbal, and was ready to go!
Took the Phantom 4 to the sky, and my smile faded gradually.

Here is what I'm talking about:

I can barely fly this thing, because even when I'm hovering it looks very bad.

The pictures above, are from me going up to 50 meters, and letting off the stick, to get a stable hover.

I would love to hear back from DJI support, as soon as possible.

Repair case number: CAS-186392
Unit serial number: S/N: 07DDD4L0B10897

Thanks in advance. Best regards, Vladislavs

2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues after a recent RMA. Do you see any improvement from performing an IMU calibration and Gimbal Calibration in that order? Have you also gotten in contact with the Europe Support team as well?
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 22:59
I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues after a recent RMA. Do you see any improvement from per ...

Hello Jamie,

When I do a successful  cold IMU calibration on a leveled surface, nothing happens, it doesn't help.

When I take off it stays leveled, but once I do any movement, it goes bad again. When I yaw the camera is drifting, when I'm turning, the horizon is tilted. And when just flying, it doesn't recover.

I assume it has a bad compass, or IMU, because the gimbal was replaced already.

Another thing I've noticed, when I power on my Phanton 4, the camera is slightly tilted upwards, but when I do a camera calibration, it stays perfectly leveled, untill I power cycle the unit.

Already contacted the DJI Europe support, and awaiting further information from them.

I really do hope this issue can be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for the reply. Best regards, Vladislavs
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

multikopteri Posted at 2016-7-29 04:28
Hello Jamie,

When I do a successful  cold IMU calibration on a leveled surface, nothing happens, ...

Thank you for the update. Could I happen to acquire your new ticket number for follow up?
2016-7-28
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 23:32
Thank you for the update. Could I happen to acquire your new ticket number for follow up?

Sure, once I get a reply from the DJI Europe, I will post back. Hopefully they will acknowledge the problem, so that the unit can be sent in again.

Thank you!
2016-7-28
Use props
netrender-sp
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

good day. I have the same situation with phantom 4, Ghimbal not exactly holding horizon.
I did not once IMU calibration, calibration ghimbal ... does not help. bit levels (but still crooked, approximately 3 degrees) and after switching off and on - crooked, about 6 degrees.
but during calibration - 72% - the camera is level ... then it goes Rotate left, right, down, directly - and she lies on her side
I bought over the Internet, and I do not know whether there is in Almaty, Kazakhstan official representative of your company who will be able to help me in this matter?

2016-7-31
Use props
netrender-sp
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

I tried to do so - put on a flat surface - put the reference point for the camera. turn ON remote and quadrocopter. made a calibration IMU, calibration Ghimbal .... camera was left standing crookedly. then clamped on the remote button C2 (lower side right button) and began to turn the right wheel (the sensitivity of the camera) without releasing the button C2 .... when rotation of the wheel to the right or to the left, the camera starts to level off.
2016-8-2
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

netrender-sp Posted at 2016-8-3 05:53
I tried to do so - put on a flat surface - put the reference point for the camera. turn ON remote an ...

Hello,

Also, when you are connected to your PC, I would try refreshing the firmware, through the DJI Assistant software. But, if the C2 button adjustment worked out for you, you should be fine.

Just make sure to calibrate your Compass too, when your're outside, and not surrounded by any heavy metal objects, or electronics.

Fly safely!
2016-8-3
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 22:59
I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues after a recent RMA. Do you see any improvement from per ...

Hello Jamie,

I'm very pleased with the DJI Support, fast and professional replies, all in all, a great experience so far!

Please find the new ticket number: CAS-213630-R8R2Y8

Kind regards, Vladislavs
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

multikopteri Posted at 2016-8-4 00:07
Hello Jamie,

I'm very pleased with the DJI Support, fast and professional replies, all in all, a g ...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear it's getting addressed.
2016-8-3
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

Hello guys,

So I have received back my unit yesterday, and just did a quick test today, and it's flawless! The camera is everything I wanted it to be. Horizon is leveled after hard turning, or a full 360 degree yawing!

My props to the DJI for making the customer support experience so professional, and very fast.

The unit was completely replaced, based on my first repair case, that did not help.

2016-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules