Failed Update, Camera beeping
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtolhopf
New

Australia

My friend bought a P3S and not being very techy he asked me to go thru the setup with him. I read all the instructions , did all updates etc., and was flying within an hour. I was so impressed with the whole process I ordered one myself as I was getting a little peeved off with my Xiro Xplorer and its issues.

At this point I'm somewhat frustrated that my new P3S is sitting in front of me with 3 fully charged batteries and I have yet to fly it. The story starts off with the usual firmware update blah blah. Anyway to cut a long story short the update failed for whatever reason and now my camera doesn’t do anything but 'beep beep,--- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep --- beep beep' you get the picture.

Also the RC unit disconnected itself but I was able to pair that up again. On screen in the DJI Go app I seem to have telemetry and maps working but no pic from camera. In settings it says the gimbal is disconnected, but thru the boot up process it does what its meant to, but no pic and no tilt working from RC.

I've tried reinstalling the update at least a dozen times now and fails every time. I've sent the fail report to DJI and now I have to wait for them to diagnose the file and come up with a solution before I can do anything. Any idea how long that takes anyone?

2016-7-28
Use props
gtolhopf
New

Australia

An update to this, as I was doing the update it said it installed correctly, but at the end of the process the P3S was beeping very loudly but the display said restart product to complete installation or something to that effect, so I did. Now I get no picture from camera and on the aircraft status screen it says the gimbal is disconnected, which I don;t believe because it goes thru the self test doing what they normally do until it starts beeping.
After reading thru all the problems others have had I haven't seen one quite like this... and the .txt file on sd card refers to version 99.99.9999. I will paste result here:

========== 2016.07.28 13:59:42 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I also have a 52Mb .bin file with the same version number on it. Deleting these files made no difference at trying to reinstall update.
PLEASE HELP {:4_142:}
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello gtolhopf, the loudly beeping is related to an unsuccessful update process. First, I'd suggest you to check and replug the cable above the gimbal and try to update it again. Keep your eyes on the camera indicator until it turns to solid green. If the issue cannot be solved , please follow the steps below and post the hidden log here:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.

2016-7-28
Use props
gtolhopf
New

Australia

After much frustration I went thru the DJI support procedure to get my P3S sent for repair and they just sent me a new one. Much praise for the painless manner in which it all happened. DJI arranged for the faulty P3S to be picked up and delivered back to my door, I did nothing. All this happened within a week. Very impressed.
And yes the new one did what it was supposed to and we are happily flying taking awesome pics
2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules