Phantom 3 4K Controller Lock Up
4807 22 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevemg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please could anyone help me with a fault on my Phantom 3 4K controller.

Four times now I have tried to switch on the controller using the power on  button and the controller just locks up !

No indicator lights are showing and it seems nothing is happening but I  have noticed that when I look in the wifi list on my pc tablet the controller  wifi is actually on and transmitting.

The controller will not function and I am unable to fly my drone.

I have to leave the controller over-night for it to completely discharge  the battery and then re-charge before I can use it again.

Thank you in advance of your help.
2016-7-31
Use props
stuka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Battery not charged? sounds like. Try a full charge first. Not sure leaving it on indefinitely is good idea.
2016-7-31
Use props
stevemg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

stuka Posted at 2016-7-31 17:04
Battery not charged? sounds like. Try a full charge first. Not sure leaving it on indefinitely is go ...

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the controller was fully charged ready for a day of flying.

Once the controller locks up you cannot use it or turn off the wifi transmission so it has to be left overnight to discharge !
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

stevemg Posted at 2016-8-1 14:28
Thanks for replying.

Yes, the controller was fully charged ready for a day of flying.

Hello Steve, could you post a short video clip of this issue?
2016-8-1
Use props
stevemg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-1 09:12
Hello Steve, could you post a short video clip of this issue?

The lock up is random ..it can go a while without happening but there would be nothing to show on a video !
I press the power on button on the controller and nothing appears to happen, no indicator lights or anything. What I did find by accident is that when I looked in my tablets wifi list, the controller was transmitting a wifi signal but it wouldn't allow me to do anything or control the drone.

The only way I can get it to un-lock is to leave it overnight (with it still outputting the wifi signal) and let it completely drain of power. I then have to re-charge the controller and it will work normal again until the next time it locks up !
2016-8-1
Use props
Elam Tripp
New

Mexico

thank you guys/girls for the help. i just started a company to film with drones and is not going well. please give me tips on thing if you have the time.
2016-12-20
Use props
fansa3985f05
New
Flight distance : 32195 ft
United States

Elam Tripp Posted at 2016-12-20 07:53
thank you guys/girls for the help. i just started a company to film with drones and is not going well. please give me tips on thing if you have the time.

i have same issue.. remote won't turn on, i can connect to wifi though but that's it.

workaround

leave it overnight to drain.
charge
turn on.

not the best solution.
2017-1-26
Use props
Henk3771
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same problem with remote of my P3-4K
No lights light up when starting remote. Neither if a connect charger or USB to computer.
"Leave it overnight to drain" How can I drain?
And how will I know it's completely drained?
2017-1-27
Use props
FireIFA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715725 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Henk3771 Posted at 2017-1-27 07:06
Same problem with remote of my P3-4K
No lights light up when starting remote. Neither if a connect charger or USB to computer.
"Leave it overnight to drain" How can I drain?

Hello, can you resolve the problem? how?
2017-1-28
Use props
Marcobspain
lvl.1

Spain

I have got exactly the same problem. I brought the Phantom to the After Sales service one week ago, i am waiting for the return, i will communicate what was the problem.
2017-1-28
Use props
FireIFA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715725 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

My control work again, im conect 1 hour and nothing, all night disconect and conect again today, maybe 12 hour later and work, now is chargin, i try to use when complete
2017-1-29
Use props
Henk3771
lvl.1

Netherlands

FireIFA Posted at 2017-1-29 15:36
My control work again, im conect 1 hour and nothing, all night disconect and conect again today, maybe 12 hour later and work, now is chargin, i try to use when complete

So did I. It's working again.
2017-2-8
Use props
FXMike
New

United States

I just found I have the same problem & when I plug mine in to try to charge it the remote gets warm as does the charger?
2017-2-10
Use props
Dufff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FXMike Posted at 2017-2-10 08:07
I just found I have the same problem & when I plug mine in to try to charge it the remote gets warm as does the charger?

Yes same, wish there was a fix
2017-2-13
Use props
Dufff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hey guys, I have found a soloution, simply open up the controller (you can find videos for this on YouTube) and once inside unplug the cable connecting the main board to the battery compartment and replug it in. Then reseal the remote, turn it on, and hopefully it will work. Hope this helps
2017-2-20
Use props
Dufff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dufff Posted at 2017-2-13 08:26
Yes same, wish there was a fix

Try what I used?
2017-2-20
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Dufff Posted at 2017-2-20 12:25
Hey guys, I have found a soloution, simply open up the controller (you can find videos for this on YouTube) and once inside unplug the cable connecting the main board to the battery compartment and replug it in. Then reseal the remote, turn it on, and hopefully it will work. Hope this helps

Dude, thanks a million for sharing this. Fixed my issue. Weird that all of a sudden it locks up. I smell a rat. thinking of a few choice words. Mother Tuckers is a restaurant, but that's not what I'm thinking. Perfect opportunity to fly this afternoon, but instead I'm messing with this controller.
Sorry rant done.
Thanks Duff
2017-4-1
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Went for a few test flights today, works well.
Only thing is I guess disconnecting the battery screwed up my flight records.
Bummed about that, proud of my mileage. Over 400 Kms so far.
2017-4-2
Use props
ncproducciones
New
Spain

Hola
A mi me falla el controlador como a stevemg
no se encienden las luces y tampoco carga.
¿qué he de hacer?
2017-4-28
Use props
hur
New

Iraq

I disconnected the battery cable but this step did not work with me.
Are there other ways?
2017-10-21
Use props
Pilot Duff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-4-2 13:01
Went for a few test flights today, works well.
Only thing is I guess disconnecting the battery screwed up my flight records.
Bummed about that, proud of my mileage. Over 400 Kms so far.

Glad it worked c:
2017-12-8
Use props
Pilot Duff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

hur Posted at 2017-10-21 23:54
I disconnected the battery cable but this step did not work with me.
Are there other ways?

Did you get it fixed in the end
2018-2-23
Use props
fans486fcb85
New
Flight distance : 8832 ft
United States

So this has been going on for a while.  Has anyone found the cause?  I've had to disconnect the battery a couple of times now.  This last time I got it fixed, tested it at home, went out to fly and RC wouldn't turn on.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules