Map
1598 7 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jak00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93907 ft
United States

I have a problem with my map selection in the DJI app. I only have the standard map even when i select satellite or night. Also the towns and streets are in english and chinese. See attached screen shot.

map

map

2016-7-31
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

You need to connect to wifi or mobile data to download the maps. This can be done at home at home prior to flying a mission by zooming into the map area where you intend flying.
2016-7-31
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-1 08:28
You need to connect to wifi or mobile data to download the maps. This can be done at home at home pr ...

As a new Inspire owner and living in Scotland where, depending on the mountains, I don't get a great cellular signal, knowing how to do this would be great. Would you mind explaining. Thanks
2016-8-12
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

Helipilot Posted at 2016-8-12 09:18
As a new Inspire owner and living in Scotland where, depending on the mountains, I don't get a gre ...

When you are at home or have a data connection open the map in the DJI GO App and go to the area where you intend to fly, zoom in to the highest level and that part of the map will no be cached. You should be good to go. Not sure about the language thing though.
I hope I have explained this properly.

Mark G.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The language issue may be due to either your internet situation or just a temporary server issue. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to resolve the issue as well.
2016-8-12
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-12 16:43
When you are at home or have a data connection open the map in the DJI GO App and go to the area w ...

Thanks mate, Ill give that a go. It would be nice to be able to "cache" a larger area but not sure if that's possible. Thanks again.  
2016-8-12
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

Helipilot Posted at 2016-8-12 19:20
Thanks mate, Ill give that a go. It would be nice to be able to "cache" a larger area but not sure ...

It doesn't only cache the area you zoom in on. Basically, the area you look at on you the online map will be cached for later use. Experiment with it.
2016-8-12
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

Oh yeh,
For Android, the maps are cached automatically.
For you IOS device, you just enable cached maps in background from the General Settings tab.
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules