Is there a secret button on top of the Phantom 4 controller?
2929 18 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoookSkywatcher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35896 ft
United States

When I press on the top of my Phantom 4 controller, right by the DJI logo by the two antennea, it clicks just like a button.
Anybody elses do that?

2016-8-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Loook,

The Remote Controller for my P4 and P3P (same) do not have any sort of button (even hidden).  Do you have any gaps in the seams of your controller?  (Maybe you have the prototype for the Phantom 5 controller!?!)

If there are gaps in any of your seams, the problem may be expressed at that location.  In that case you should probably contact DJI for replacement - even if the unit works fine.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I think it's just that shiny plastic cover creaking when it's pressed
2016-8-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not aware any buttons there. I think you may have a small void in the case. I wouldn't push to hard. You may end up with a place to install a button.
2016-8-1
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-8-1 09:26
Not aware any buttons there. I think you may have a small void in the case. I wouldn't push to hard. ...

if thats the case then I would suggest the nos button there... I wanted to install a turbo on my P4, but Nitrous will work tooo... lets see how fast we can go!
2016-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's for ejecting the pilot lol......
2016-8-1
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-8-1 11:29
It's for ejecting the pilot lol......

maybe not pilot, but a parachute would be a good idea... imagine that, ur drone falling from the sky and you can hit a button to pop out a parachute... now theres an idea
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahhhh, you found Waldo
Just kidding, there's no button. Possibly just your cover plate is loose.
2016-8-1
Use props
barryweakley
New

United States

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with, nor have I used the product sold by Mars Parachutes.

There is a company that has a parachute solution for drones: www.marsparachutes.com
2016-8-1
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

barryweakley Posted at 2016-8-1 13:02
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with, nor have I used the product sold by Mars Parachutes.

There  ...

ya, just looked it up... 160 bucks... on the fence now
2016-8-1
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I pulled the DJI logo off the top, it came loose and i thought it looked unsightly. now my p4 is unbranded, makes me feel like a rebel.
2016-8-1
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

malvern Posted at 2016-8-1 14:18
I pulled the DJI logo off the top, it came loose and i thought it looked unsightly. now my p4 is unb ...

just bought a custom skin of green flames for my P4, now that its in the mail I wonder if the black/green will make it get hotter... but now its mine, not dji's... we are all rebels now
2016-8-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-1 10:41
if thats the case then I would suggest the nos button there... I wanted to install a turbo on my P ...

Nitros on an electric motor? You are pulling my leg?
2016-8-3
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-8-3 09:01
Nitros on an electric motor? You are pulling my leg?

was trying to be funny, doesnt seem to go over well on this forum... I thought it was funny
2016-8-3
Use props
barryweakley
New

United States

I liked it Heebus!!  Go totally Tim Allen on it, yeah!  I saw where someone has actually made a quad using model jet engines, pretty cool!!!
2016-8-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2016-8-1 09:26
Not aware any buttons there. I think you may have a small void in the case. I wouldn't push to hard. ...

Ditto. There is a batch of controllers known to have fragile plastic that some talk about.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-8-4 00:40
Ditto. There is a batch of controllers known to have bad / fragile plastic that likes to break int ...

The RC has a one year warranty so nothing to worry about. If something breaks on the RC due due manufacture issue it will be covered.
2016-8-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-3 11:11
was trying to be funny, doesnt seem to go over well on this forum... I thought it was funny

I figured that but had to ask, you never know
2016-8-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-8-3 12:40
Ditto. There is a batch of controllers known to have bad / fragile plastic that likes to break int ...

Things happen beyond control in mass manufacturing. I know mine is fine. There may have been some trapped air in the mold.
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules