Battery Life Remaining
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Everyone may know this but me - if not, hope it's of interest:
Some time ago the Go App stopped displaying the remaing battery life remaing on their battery page telematry. I'm not sure how accurate it was or if they thouht it might be confused with percentage of charge, but it's gone.

After a Litchi update I noticed when clicking on the battery icon that the battery life info is there. It must still be a field avaiailable to display in the SDK and Litchi used it.

Thanks Litchi!

Litchi.jpg
2016-8-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nice find, good for you Litchi customers...
I wish @DJI would leave "awesome" alone...
But they continue to Frick and Fumble with their firmware and app.
I noticed they removed my favorite grid lines too, in the latest offering.
We need a totally customizable app, that allows us loyal users more choice.
Tired of being spoon fed, narly tasteless pablum... Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I noticed they removed my favorite grid lines too, in the latest offering. "

You maybe just need to reset them, still showing as a choice under Camera Menu/Spanner/Grid
2016-8-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, but only two choices left, there was a third choice with both diagonal grid and horizontal lines.
Much preferred over these two burnt-offerings..

RedHotPoker
2016-8-1
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-2 10:10
Yeah, but only two choices left, there was a third choice with both diagonal grid and horizontal lin ...

Are you videoing or targeting? Have you converted yours into an Apache?
2016-8-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, and it's deadly... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-8-2
Use props
VladRostov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3793888 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Rnfaust, how much time can your bird spend now in air with 75% of battery life remaining?
2016-9-21
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

VladRostov Posted at 2016-9-21 11:48
Rnfaust, how much time can your bird spend now in air with 75% of battery life remaining?

Vladlostov- the 75% is the battery life, the battery charge left is indicated top right being 96%. The battery life and battery charge indicators are 2 different things altogether. It's something I've seen many people get mixed up/confused with
2016-9-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

VladRostov Posted at 2016-9-21 18:48

I can't answer the air time question as I never fly much below 40% charge. I'm also not perfectly clear on how they calculate battery life remaining (75% - now down to 71%). As @TechReviews points out, battery life refers to remaining service life, not runtime on the current charge. It can't be the voltage variance between the internal battery cells as there are similar readings in both my new and old batteries.  Battery life could be the battery's ability to reach full charge, but more likely it's the result of an algorithm I've seen in some sophisticated automotive battery test equipment that use conductance technology to determine battery life. It is a "smart" battery after all.
BTW: I do like having an extra battery now.
2016-9-21
Use props
VladRostov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3793888 ft
  • >>>
Russia

TechReviews and Rnfaust,

Thank you for explanations, guys.
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Battery life may use several factors, one being how it has been charged/discharged through its life.   Other aspect is estimating its available capacity to hold a charge based on voltage, time, current draw and internal resistance.   IR is defined by change in voltage based on current draw.  As batteries age, they develop increasing internal resistance.
I'm guessnig the life reading is based on recorded usage, much like oil life reading in a car based on how you have been driving the car.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules