Mini SD Card Issues Ejecting
1315 6 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reyesjr
New

United States

Anyone else having issues ejecting their Mini SD Card?

I just opened my new Phantom 4 a couple days ago and wanted to switch out the stock SD card for a new 64GB mini SD card I purchased.

I've tried multiple times pressing the the card in and out and even used a penny but being very careful not to jam anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JR
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There have been cases reported before where the SD card slot has failed to either eject or hold the card. Unfortunately the only answer it to send it in for repair.
2016-8-1
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've never had problems getting the card out.   I take it out, then plug it in a card reader and download my photos and movies after every flight.  I've done it over 120 times since I got the Phantom 4.

When you press in on it, you should feel the resistance of a spring pressing back.  Once it's pressed in slightly, you should hear a faint click.  Then, when you release the pressure, the card should come right out.  (Try using your fingernail).

As Geebax points out, there have been issues, so if this isn't happening, you'll probably have to send it in.   As a note, you can get photos and movies off the card while it's in the craft.  Just plug in the USB cable and connect it to your home computer.

2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello JR, normally the SD card can be easily inserted in and ejected. I'd suggest you to backup the files in the card and contact support.us@dji.com. Then send it in.
2016-8-1
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

What threw me was the sd card goes in the P4 with the brass terminals up. My P3 is the opposite with the brass terminals down. But I think they will only go in either model one way.
2016-8-2
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

United States

Had this problem with my Phantom 3 but not the 4
2016-8-2
Use props
whatJR
New

All it apparently seemed "somewhat" jammed out of the box.  I took it to a local hobby shop where they sell and try to repair drones.  They were able to pop it out but noticed it was pretty hard to take out.

Thanks everyone for the help.
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules