shayg.eps
lvl.1

Israel

hi,

my name is Shay,
im new to Phantom world,
i own phantom 3 pro

i have a subject that is my point of interest,

is it possible to define it as a target point and have the camera to "Look At" it while flying? is so how?

THanks
S
2016-8-2
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It is the possible with the 'Follow' or 'Track' Modes. They are explained in the manual. Not sure though if that has been updated fpr the P3 also yet. If not you can still do the same if you buy Litchi, an alternatiove app available for IOS and Android for around $ 19
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Phantom 3 ha intelligent flight modes and one of those is Point of Interest where it will fly circles aound a stationary object. If you want it to follow a moving object (other than yourself) then you would need a Phantom 4 that has Active Track and can follow moving objects.
2016-8-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

If you use the "follow me" intelligent flight mode, it can lock onto and track the R/C unit (actually it follows the GPS coordinates being fed to the app from your smart device).   I use a device that does not have GPS built in (iPad mini WiFi, only the cellular models have GPS).  To get around this, I use a small bluetooth GPS device.  You could conceivably use something like this as a "follow me" dongle your target could carry.  Have a read of this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-57210-1-1.html for some ideas, and I include some test video of it in action.
2016-8-2
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Flip the switch from P to F an options menu will open on screen. Follow the instructions.
2016-8-2
Use props
samifox
lvl.1

Israel

hi
where i can find education material on DJI Go and litchi apps?

TX
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

samifox Posted at 2016-12-1 23:16
hi

Hey Shay, what do yo say? Haha
Aside from the various forum threads, please do a search for helpful YouTube or Vimeo videos which may help guide you, to a proper experience.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

samifox Posted at 2016-12-2 14:16
hi

For DJI Go, there are a lot of tutorial videos from DJI's YouTube pages. I would recommend the DJI Support channel and the DJI Tutorials channel.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules