Wi-Fi Connection/Live Stream
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdn111
New

United States

So I have yet to buy a drone, but the Phantom 3 Standard looks like a good bet. I do have a question, albeit probably silly....do you need to have access to wi-fi/cellular data to have the live stream? Or is it 100% operated by the drone's internal wi-fi?
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

For the Standard your device needs to have cellular.
The aircraft's WiFi connects to your device's WiFi for RC and video control. Then the cellular data is how you live stream.
2016-8-5
Use props
rdn111
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 22:56
For the Standard your device needs to have cellular.
The aircraft's WiFi connects to your device's W ...

Thanks so much for your help!  So if I were to operate this in west Texas (w/o cell data), live stream would not be available...is there another alternative?
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

rdn111 Posted at 2016-8-5 23:00
Thanks so much for your help!  So if I were to operate this in west Texas (w/o cell data), live st ...

Correct, you need cellular service.
There is no other alternative as the WiFi is already taken up by the RC/Video transmission.
2016-8-5
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft
United States

Make sure we understand terminology.  LIVE STREAM = Viewing by anyone on line on You Tube.  LIVE VIEW = standard phantom function of viewing camera view on dji go ap.  Live Stream requires Internet connection.  Live View does not require Internet connection.
2016-8-5
Use props
rdn111
New

United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-8-5 23:17
Make sure we understand terminology.  LIVE STREAM = Viewing by anyone on line on You Tube.  LIVE VIE ...

Ok, thank's so much for the clarification. Live view is what I am interested in...so I can Live View w/ the drone's internal wi-fi (no need for cell data connection). I plan on flying this in the middle of nowhere west TX.
2016-8-5
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft
United States

Correct.  Whatever the P3S camera sees will show on the DJI GO display.  You might want to check on other threads concerning wi-fi video range on P3S.  Depending on what you want to do Light bridge on P3A/P -P4 might be a better way to go.
2016-8-5
Use props
rdn111
New

United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-8-5 23:29
Correct.  Whatever the P3S camera sees will show on the DJI GO display.  You might want to check on  ...

You just made my life a lot easier. Thanks again for your help.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules