P4 New Battery Will NOT Stay On
1031 10 2016-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.hunter.cole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514672 ft
United States

Good evening, new P4 owner here, but I fly with the Inpsire series for work often!

Unboxed and setup my P4 as instructions specified, and charged the included battery with the A/C adapter and it went through the proper blinking status cycle until it completed charging. However typically the LED lights would go off when it is completed charging, however this battery the "2nd" LED bar began double blinking.

If I now try to power on the battery (inside the craft or outside of the craft), it appears to power on as usual, but shuts off after 3 seconds.

I bought an additional P4 battery and it does not do this, but is my included battery a failure?

Any help?

Thanks!
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Could you please put the battery into the aircraft , turn it on and capture the screen of Battery settings? That will be helpful.
2016-8-6
Use props
fishrider
New

United States

I just finished unboxing my new P4 (finally upgraded from P2 vision). I have the same issue as j.hunter.cole. I got 2 spare batteries also which work fine, but the battery that came in the P4 tries to turn on with only one bar lit then shuts down immediately. I've plugged it in and nothing changes. I've even tried turning it on, in and out of my bird and even while plugged into the charger. it only flashes a couple times and blacks out again.
2016-8-10
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Try connect to PC and use dji assistant, battery might require software upgrade
2016-8-10
Use props
fishrider
New

United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-10 20:28
Try connect to PC and use dji assistant, battery might require software upgrade

How do I do that if it doesn't stay on?
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fishrider Posted at 2016-8-11 09:03

Could you please provide a small video of how the battery behaves?
2016-8-10
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

fishrider Posted at 2016-8-10 21:03

was just a shot in the dark, figured if nothing else was working, the dji assistant might over ride the shut down and let you see the battery, and might tell you whats wrong
2016-8-10
Use props
fishrider
New

United States

[url=https://youtu.be/Q8y_M88gW8Y]
2016-8-10
Use props
magbanua.rob
New

United States

Hello,
I just bought my Phantom 4 four days ago and after reading the manuals and viewing the tutorial videos, I finally attempted to power up the controller and the battery. Seems that I am experiencing the same problem with the battery. I push the button once on the battery, then push it again and hold it for 2 seconds, I see all 4 LEDS turn on green, then about 1-2 seconds later, the battery shuts off.  I tried powering the battery outside the Phantom 4 with the same results. I tried to charge it, but because the battery is fully charged or it's telling the charger that it is fully charged, charging stops, all LEDs on battery turn off.  Any more insights or other things to try?  I will be going to the store to buy another battery.

Thx.
2016-8-10
Use props
fishrider
New

United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8y_M88gW8Y
2016-8-11
Use props
fishrider
New

United States

After chatting with DJI support, the result was to "return the battery to where you bought it". In my case it was Best Buy. Best Buy did not have anymore in stock, so they took the bad battery and are now shipping me a new one directly to my house
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules