Cracks, why?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Got a P3P new version. I wounder why the stress and body cracks occurs? And what are Dji doing about it? When the cracks appears what shall I do? Warranty? Is there a better body on the market? What can I do to prevent the cracks?
2016-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If it a new version of the P3P, then the chances are you may not get any cracks, as the shell was redesigned in the later version. You sound like it is a certainty. No, there is not A 'better' shell, and the best way to avoid cracks is not to crash it.
2016-8-6
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-7 14:26
If it a new version of the P3P, then the chances are you may not get any cracks, as the shell was re ...

Yes mine is the "new" one, but I see that people get the cracks on them also. Are the plasic to thin?  Screws to tighten? Wrong Loctite?
2016-8-6
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-7 14:26
If it a new version of the P3P, then the chances are you may not get any cracks, as the shell was re ...

Yes mine is the "new" but I see that people get cracks on them also. To thin plastic? To tighten screws? Wrong Loctite? Dji answers on this?
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hello, DanielJacobasson, sorry for this unpleasant experience, please send back the aircraft and we will help you fix this issue.
2016-8-7
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Jessie Posted at 2016-8-7 16:25
Hello, DanielJacobasson, sorry for this unpleasant experience, please send back the aircraft and we  ...

Mine is from november last year. Over 120 flights on it and I never find either an unscrewed thing neither any crack.
2016-8-7
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an older model of the P3P with 400+ flights on it. I also istalled clip on/off prop guards on the P3 when I first got it. The attaching part of the prop guards beef up the area where cracks occur. When a bird took out my P3 and it crashed from 60 feet to the asphault there were no cracks where the motors mount to the A/C. Insurance bought me a new P3 and I transfered the attaching mounts for the clip on/off to my new P3P.

20160801_112538.jpg
2016-8-7
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

DJI-Jessie Posted at 2016-8-7 16:25
Hello, DanielJacobasson, sorry for this unpleasant experience, please send back the aircraft and we  ...

Hi. I dont have any cracks on mine, just got it. Iam only trying to get tips how I dont get any and what Dji is saying about it, it seems like its a problem. Just want to get info on it, why it happens/ what I can do to avoid it and what I can do IF I get some cracks.
2016-8-7
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-7 19:57
I had an older model of the P3P with 400+ flights on it. I also istalled clip on/off prop guards on  ...

Hi. I will get those. I hade them on my P2 and the worked great. Thanks
2016-8-7
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Just like mljStudios said I have a pair of removable prop guards with the little plate that comes with it I don't use the prop guards but I did install the plates. I already have them and they can be as much as 5 or 6 bucks a piece for the stress relief it will keep the screws from contacting the Phantom body when these motors are pulling at full torque there's those tiny little plastic areas that hold all that weight and torque so you would want something on the bottom of the screws instead of directly in the plastic the motors are metal and the screws are metals so you're fine there
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

DanielJacobsson Posted at 2016-8-7 21:42
Hi. I dont have any cracks on mine, just got it. Iam only trying to get tips how I dont get any an ...

That maybe stress cracks. If you get some cracks and the craft has not been crashed,you can contact our support team ,they will warranty the replacement of the frame.
2016-8-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Same as mjlStudios.  Mine showed cracks shortly after the first few flights in July of 2015 with no crashes or hard landings.  I put the removable prop guard clips on it when the cracks appeared.  Since then, it's had a low altitude crash to grass from about 4 feet that did gimbal damage.  I did repairs and kept flying.  The cracks appear to be stable to this day.  If you want to insure that you get a different plastic, buy a Phantom 4 instead.
2016-8-7
Use props
julmirecki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368186 ft
United States

Can any one tell me how to identify the version of the aircraft?
Mine is with DJI for the repair for the cracks issue. Model W323B.
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules