Holder Won't Hold Phone When in Landscape
1995 20 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy47
lvl.1

United States

I have a Samsung S6 Edge.  The Go software doesn't auto-rotate when the phone is held in the portrait position.  The problem is, this is the only way to get the clip to actually hold the phone.  In landscape it is too narrow and the top holder will not close enough to actually hold it.  I tried my Motorola Xoom but that is too big for the holder.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the clip to hold the smaller Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (not a small phone by any means.)

Many thanks in advance.

Andy
2016-8-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Not sure if I understand you here, but if I do, there are too tabs on the outside of the holder halfeway down, if you pull them out it will hold a phone no problem, its how I hold my samsung acitve 6s in place

20160807_132016_001 (2).jpg
2016-8-7
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-8 01:18
Not sure if I understand you here, but if I do, there are too tabs on the outside of the holder half ...

And then there was embarassed silence....:-)
2016-8-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

PhanFran Posted at 2016-8-7 13:35
And then there was embarassed silence....:-)

Were you Indeed baffled as well? Hahaha
Too shy to ask... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-7
Use props
andy47
lvl.1

United States

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  Yes, it will hold the phone just fine vertically.  But the app itself is presented landscape on the screen so I have to look at it at a 90 degree angle to fly it.  There is no way for me to hold the phone horizontally with this holder in order to compensate for the fact that the Go app does not support "auto-rotate" on the phone.  If this doesn't make sense, I will send a pic.

Thanks for weighing in.
2016-8-7
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

andy47 Posted at 2016-8-7 18:43
Sorry if I wasn't clear.  Yes, it will hold the phone just fine vertically.  But the app itself is p ...

2016-8-7
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

A picture.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&r ... st=1470704384399569
2016-8-7
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser...

The Samsung S6 Edge
Dimensions         142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm (5.59 x 2.76 x 0.28 in)

Measuring the holder I find it's just a tad more than 2 in. from the side tabs to the top when fully closed. Clearly the holder will close on the nearly 2 3/4 in. phone.
Which would be landscape orientation. Since the Samsung S6 is one of the Dji "approved" mobile devices (edge variant isn't mentioned in the list), I think it's odd that the screen doesn't auto rotate when using the Dji GO app.
Perhaps Andy47 is missing a setting in the phone?

Edit: Another thought, this may be one of those cases where writing an app for an andriod device is not as clear cut as writing for an apple device, and the app actually won't rotate properly on his phone...
2016-8-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

jamesazen Posted at 2016-8-7 21:33

The Samsung S6 Edge

I think so too, or maybe the app is glitching on him... shoulda read his post before I replied to yours but did u try to uninstall and reinstall the app, mine rotates fine
2016-8-7
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>

jamesazen Posted at 2016-8-8 09:33

The Samsung S6 Edge

Eeuuuuh.... the IOS app doesn't autorotate either and can (on my iPhone 6S anyway only be used in landscape.  And to be honest that is the only way it makes sense to use it in my view.
2016-8-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>

andy47 Posted at 2016-8-8 08:43
Sorry if I wasn't clear.  Yes, it will hold the phone just fine vertically.  But the app itself is p ...

Andy, sorry, but just tell us: did you or did you not find the extra clips that should allow you to put your phone on in landscape mode ?
2016-8-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's not the clips he's after. His phone won't switch from portrait to landscape mode, while running the Go app.
Talking about a failure to communicate!! Haha
If My IPads are unlocked, when I twist the device in a clockwise fashion, my screen turns to keep it upright...
His doesn't 'auto-rotate', so to speak. Ha
He must view his go app at a 90* angle to what it should be.
Not sure how much more explanation needs to be told?

RedHotPoker
2016-8-8
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft
United States

2 negatives= a positve.
The way I read the original andy47 post was he missed the part about flipping out the cell phone post shown in Heebus photo and installing the  S6 between the post and the top bracket in the landscape position.
2016-8-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-8 12:45
It's not the clips he's after. His phone won't switch from portrait to landscape mode, while running ...

It should as simple as toggling the auto-screen rotation" on. Every device I'm pretty sure has this option.
2016-8-8
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

Please try rotation locker available on the play store for free. This might sort it out.
Rotation Locker   Android Apps on Google Play.png
2016-8-8
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

It's more than possible that since he's running a Edge phone the holder is causing the phone to detect it as a screen touch. i.e.: the contact on both sides by the holder is being detected. I'm running a Note 5, but I suspect that the phone may have to be put in landscape manually.
2016-8-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andy47 Posted at 2016-8-8 01:43

Did you find those clips Andy, if not you might be able to adapt These
2016-8-9
Use props
andy47
lvl.1

United States

OMG, I'm such an idiot.  It was the clips I was looking for.  I misunderstood their use.  Thank you everyone for your patience with this newbies question.

Andy
2016-8-9
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Clips? Well I learned something today myself.  Will have to check those when I get home.  Not tried my S6 yet it's soooo tiny I would need my spectacles for sure or a Fresnel lens.

Flip-out clips... nice.

Your not alone Andy
2016-8-9
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

andy47 Posted at 2016-8-10 02:56
OMG, I'm such an idiot.  It was the clips I was looking for.  I misunderstood their use.  Thank you  ...

You're welcome Andy, this is how a forum should work!
2016-8-9
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

andy47 Posted at 2016-8-9 14:56
OMG, I'm such an idiot.  It was the clips I was looking for.  I misunderstood their use.  Thank you  ...

NO biggy buddy, its how we learn.... an we are all here to learn, and teach each other... glad you figured it out
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules