Upgraded iPad to IOS 8.02 and can't connect to Blutooth DataLink
4601 19 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gen2robotics
New

United States

Hello, I hope all is well.

I upgraded my iPad to IOS 8.02 and can't connect to Blutooth DataLink anymore. Before that, I was having inttermitent connection issues with IOS 7. This is with a new DataLink I just received from DJI last Friday. My other two DataLinks worked just fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Guy.
2014-9-29
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

a lot of apps are catching up with IOS 8 so id expect an update from DJI also.
the DJI guys and support team are monitoring the forum so i expect they will be aware if theres an issue.
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-neil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13465 ft
China

We test ios8 with BT-datalink. And it work.
Can you give us the detail about the error.What about the LED light?
2014-9-30
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

ipad mini... not working.. not find bt connection..
2014-9-30
Use props
Superleofpsdji
lvl.1

United States

chris Posted at 2014-9-30 16:36
ipad mini... not working.. not find bt connection..

Try updating everything
2014-10-2
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913648 ft
United States

I am also unable to connect to the ground station on ios8.2.

BT connection is fine, iphone app DJI assistant connects perfectly, but ipad cant find any of my aircraft. (P2, and S900 w/ A2), VERY unhappy as I need to fly some pre-programmed flights for clients, and I cannot.
2014-10-3
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

superleo: thx but first thought.. not working..
2014-10-3
Use props
m.sauteraud
lvl.1

France

I've updated my ipad mini some days ago and I've flown my P2 and S800EVO/A 2 yesturday. No problem of connection but some disconnections during flights.  Sometimes,  the drone stop his flight in a single waypoint destination.
2014-10-4
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913648 ft
United States

Got everything  working. It is important to ensure the Air Side is plugged into the Canbus 2 chain.
2014-10-9
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

craig@globalvid Posted at 2014-10-10 09:34
Got everything  working. It is important to ensure the Air Side is plugged into the Canbus 2 chain.

My Ipad mini will also not connect to the BEC.   The A2 just came back from the DJI doctor.  Still trying different things when I seen this post.
2014-10-23
Use props
cellarboy
lvl.1
Canada

vonbaron1 Posted at 2014-10-24 07:35
My Ipad mini will also not connect to the BEC.   The A2 just came back from the DJI doctor.  Still ...

Ran into the same issue today. Found a solution for my issue, which might be different but I'd recommend giving it a try.

I hooked the ground end hardware to my PC and ran the Bluetooth Datalink Assisstant. I immediately noticed the Bluetooth device had no Hardware ID or firmware listed, as if it had been erased. Tried running the firmware update and it did work (although there is still no hardware ID listed)  and the Bluetooth unit came back to life after a power cycle. I could connect to the Bluetooth unit again.

Kinda odd that the firmware got erased, but at least it's working again.
2014-10-23
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cellarboy@hotma Posted at 2014-10-24 09:31
Ran into the same issue today. Found a solution for my issue, which might be different but I'd rec ...

Interesting but a do not find a Bluetooth Datalink Assisstant software anyplace.  This may be the key if I could find it.  Its not on the DJI LK900 disk installation and am hunting in case its other places, but you do have a good clue.
2014-10-25
Use props
cellarboy
lvl.1
Canada

Isn't the LK900 a completely different product to the iPad Groundstation? Does it even use Bluetooth? I don't see the Bluetooth dongle in any of the product pictures for that product. If it does, then the download is in the support section of the DJI website under "ipad Groundstation"
2014-10-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That's a interesting comment.  Your correct as the LK900 is not provided with a BTU module for bluetooth but the A2 I have does have bluetooth on the BEC LED indicator, so I am thinking I can get into it that way but with no manual for the 900, I have no way of knowing for sure.  Maybe the Ipad will never connect to the LK900 then.  Would be great for DJI to chime in about now.  It could be that the LK900 was not intended to be used with a Ipad in which case I would be sol.
2014-10-26
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

not only ingroundstation, also in lightbridge..
2014-10-27
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chris Posted at 2014-10-27 16:29
not only ingroundstation, also in lightbridge..

I just tried to connect with Bluetooth via a friends Ipad to my A2 and it was running  iOS 7 yet and it also would not connect or see the A2's Bluetooth.  
2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Please try another mobile device.
Thanks~
2014-10-30
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

:@ what means try another? i have only one ios device.. cant buy one new coz of dji.... sorry
2014-11-1
Use props
gen2robotics
New

United States

DJI replaced my DataLink.

All works well now.

Guy.
2014-11-12
Use props
eduardo_noriega
New

Mexico

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-10-30 19:57
Please try another mobile device.
Thanks~

I tried with another phone, an android based phone ... and I see a DJI Config device available... but my iPad does not show anything.
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules