DJI what is the status of the new app!?!?!?
2489 17 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisgreenback.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

Answer the masses DJI!!!!  I would like to fly my phantom 2 vision without having the App crash on my device everytime I use it.  Quit avoiding all of the disapointed owners out there that couldn't be more disgusted with the way you are handling this situation.  So when is the approximate time of the next update so that we can all enjoy flying out Phantoms again?!?!?!?
2015-1-27
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you be more specific; which OS?

I've read a number of threads that suggest that the issues with the iOS crashes are related to a mismatch between the software and the camera firmware (there is an updated camera firmware that adds a new resolution).  People have reported that the app no longer crashes after they update the camera.

Without specifics it is very difficult to tell what app you are using so difficult to help.
2015-1-27
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

COPY THAT HELP the users DJI
2015-1-27
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-28 03:40

I've read a number of threads that suggest that the issues wit ...

You are correct and that firmware update only applies to the Vision PLUS.  and the OP is obviosiuly talking about the Phanton 2 Vision NOT the PLUS.  Im starting to think that the reason why DJI hasn't Fixed the issues is because people keep on adding to the confucion... NO THERE ARE NO FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE PHANTOM 2 VISION. THE LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE IS AT LEAST A YEAR OLD.  THE NEW APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE CURRENT FIRMWARE OF THE P2V.  
2015-1-27
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
United States

And it doesn't matter what OS or APP, you are using... As long as there are no firmware update for The PHANTOM 2 Vision Camera.. The APP will keep crashing.. regardless you are on Android or IOS...
2015-1-27
Use props
chrisgreenback.
lvl.2
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-28 03:40

I've read a number of threads that suggest that the issues wit ...

did you see a + sign anywhere in my post?
2015-1-27
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Many of us have reported to DJI what the problem is...too many are confusing the issue.
The issue is the Phantom 2 Vision owners who updated to the v. 1.0.46 Vision App....the camera upgrade is for the Vision+ owners all DJI needs to do is revert back to the old Vision App v. 1.0.43 on the Phantom 2 Vision's download page until the new App works for Vision (non plus) owners.

2015-1-27
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

The issue here is a combination of new App V. 1.0.56 and android 5 lollipop - 1.0.56 works fine until lollipop came and make app crash all the time.
Android units with Android version before lollipop has no problems.
The last firmware update for P2V is following, - and not a year old as written before in tread !!
Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System  V3.08  2014-10-28
Phantom 2 Vision Central Board  V1.0.2.10  2014-11-28

2015-1-27
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-1-28 04:31
The issue her is a combination of new App V. 1.0.56 and android 5 lollipop - 1.0.56 works fine until ...

THIS Has nothing to do with Lollipop or IOS For that matter. This is a mismatch between the camera firmware of the Phantom 2 Vision and the NEW APP..   And yes the Camera Firmware for the Phantom 2 Vision is almost a year old. Please do not add to the confusion.. As i have a another Phantom, a PLUS to be exact and installed the APP on my Android Tablet running lollipop and was having the same problems with the app crashing untill i upgraded the camera firmware released for the Phantom 2 vision PLUS on JANUARY 16 2015 and all its working fine now.....   NOW ALL I NEED IS FOR DJI TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER AND DO THE SAME FOR THE PHANTOM 2 VISION.
2015-1-27
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-1-28 04:31
The issue here is a combination of new App V. 1.0.56 and android 5 lollipop - 1.0.56 works fine unti ...

I use both Android and iOS....Android with a 10" tablet running 1.0.54 (did not upgrade) all A-OK....I have Kit-Kat on the Android.

iOS to 1.0.46 causes all types of problems on my 4S I phone...awaiting update for DJI to fix the problem.
2015-1-27
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chrisgreenback. Posted at 2015-1-28 03:54
did you see a + sign anywhere in my post?

Tough crowd.  Ask me how many times I've seen a person generically ask a question about their Phantom 2 only to find out that they in fact had a Phantom 2+.  I make no assumptions so I asked.
2015-1-27
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

ronnydsosa.emai Posted at 2015-1-28 04:40
THIS Has nothing to do with Lollipop or IOS For that matter. This is a mismatch between the camera ...

On my P2V new app (1.0.56) works fine with android 4.4.2 but DONT work with android 5 lollipop - THEREFORE its lollipop that causes crash because its not compatible with DJI app. or DJI App. not compatible with lollipop, - you decide, but same same  
2015-1-27
Use props
NachoKaoS
lvl.1

Spain

I got a phantom 2 vision +V3 with all the updates (camera also)  and Runing the app on an iphone 6 last iOS up date as well, the app still crash, so not much to do for me with the camera update,also the new features dont work except the wifi range up date to use the phantom wifi and the 4g of the phone  togheter .
My question is for iOS or any versión of android,its antbody here than see the new features work??
2015-1-27
Use props
chrisgreenback.
lvl.2
United States

it's not an iOs issue.....the previous version of the app worked fine with my phantom....this one.....is inoperable.....:@
2015-1-27
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone used a MAC to install the camera firmware?   I only see the MS version.
2015-1-27
Use props
NachoKaoS
lvl.1

Spain

marc.aronowitz. Posted at 2015-1-28 07:46
Has anyone used a MAC to install the camera firmware?   I only see the MS version.

Its a file ,just download rename and put it into the Sd card
2015-1-27
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

marc.aronowitz. Posted at 2015-1-28 07:46

Yes.  I did the firmware update by downloading the MSWindows file to my sd card using a card reader to put it my Mac, renaming it and following the load instructions found in another thread here.
2015-1-27
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

Thanks.   I'll try it tonight.
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules