6657 39 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have seen this :- http://www.banggood.com/5400mAh- ... splay-p-960568.html

Has anyone tried one?

Plz I only want to know from ppl who have used the exact same battery from this suppler, not the whole debate about aftermarket batteries.

T.I.A

Ump..
2015-1-27
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm also interested; they look very nice and I like the readout screen; much more information than 4 LEDs.  The price is nice as well!

I might buy one just to test with if someone else doesn't report back!
2015-1-27
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Those look nice!  and a great pricepoint.
2015-1-27
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

Worth a shot I'd say, who's first?
2015-1-27
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just ordered one! Stay tuned for Info!
2015-1-27
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

Cool, I'm still rather new at this so I'd rather not find myself at 50 meters with a dying battery pack or I'd have ordered one already.
2015-1-27
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gboivin@msn.com Posted at 2015-1-28 08:46

excellent! don't forget to report back on how the assistant software sees it.  Look forward to your research findings!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-27
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

don't forget to report back on how the assistant software sees it

Good point. Mind you if it can't see these correctly the answer would be to spend 35 bucks and run Firefly
2015-1-27
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

I dont see monitor contacts in the photos.

Any1 nowe if ther ar contacts?

Soory i see now ok
2015-1-27
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

Damn, that would be a bugger.
2015-1-27
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

trailtec.email Posted at 2015-1-28 14:45
Damn, that would be a bugger.

what is buger
2015-1-27
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

I wurried bout wireles becaus i read manual somthing bout wireles beeng bad for phantom
2015-1-27
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have bought 1, yes it has the two prong data pads.  I'll let you know how it pans out in 7 - 25 days (shipping time)

In the mean time I bought a new battery from FirstPersonView.co.uk (who have always done me proud) and I made a video detailing the differences between the older version battery and the new V2.0 they are selling.

2015-1-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

umpa Posted at 2015-1-28 17:19
I have bought 1, yes it has the two prong data pads.  I'll let you know how it pans out in 7 - 25 da ...

Did you also get the wireless monitoring for the battery?

Looks interesting.
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Heres a pic showing the pads.
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-28 17:36
Did you also get the wireless monitoring for the battery?

Looks interesting.

No - I do not know what to make of that, how it would fit and whats its real use.  I am hoping the battery will work like an original. Also I have noticed that everytime someone buys one they get a few pence cheaper. mine was 59.13 and now its 58.73. I only hope it works.
2015-1-28
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

Question.... Isn't it against forum rules to post products which would directly compete with DJI?  Not trying to spoil anything but seriously.  
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I don't know to be honest, I never looked in to it.  I cant see why not as we are discussing them, they may well turn out to be total rubbish.  No one here is advertising them - or selling or recommending them. Were discussing them.

If DJI has a problem with it I'm sure they will let me know.

Thanks for the heads up.
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ok so its arrived today - took just under 30 days to arrive.  Not flown with it yet, it might yet turn out to be a pile of poop, BUT my initial thoughts are that its not bad at all.  The LCD give an individual cell voltage, gives you a percentage of charge, Battery voltage, Time Left to charge in hours - minutes and seconds, charging current in amps.

Now all it needs to do is power the phantom and not fail me = lol
2015-2-25
Use props
trailtec
lvl.2

Australia

Cool, waiting to see.
2015-2-25
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm not good in front of a camera so don't laugh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JGZKIjTmY

I got a good 20 mins flight time. IF the cells don't go bad I think they are on to a winner.
2015-2-25
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

gboivin@msn.com Posted at 2015-1-28 08:46

I ordered a video transmitter from Banggood on 2/11.  The anticipated delivery will be mid March.  Be prepared for a month of waiting if your order is like mine.
2015-2-25
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yes they are very slow. Impatient people should avoid for sure, their tracking service is not that good either.  However the shipping is free and the products are cheap. The same battery on eBay is £25 more - I have ordered another.
2015-2-26
Use props
uptowndisco.hot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2015-1-28 18:01
No - I do not know what to make of that, how it would fit and whats its real use.  I am hoping the  ...

Took the plunge after watching your video , price is now £54.02 UK , now the waiting game :-)
2015-2-27
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yes the price fluctuates wildly,  The best deal I got was one for 50 quid. (not arrived yet)
2015-2-28
Use props
zubeko
lvl.2

United Kingdom

does this battery fit to Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro or just vision as it says in the title?
2015-2-28
Use props
uptowndisco.hot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zubeko@gmail.co Posted at 2015-2-28 18:24
does this battery fit to Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro or just vision as it says in the ...

It says For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ so yes it will fit a v2 , I will be using it with both a P2 v2 and vision+ v2
2015-2-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It fits all Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision + V1 , V2 , V3  (with a gimbal)(without a gimbal) because they ALL use the same battery aka Phantom 2 battery.

Please understand that I am NOT endorsing this product, I just happen to have bought one and I'm testing it.  In my experience you generally get what you pay for, there are exceptions to the rule and you can buy expensive rubbish, but generally cheap copy products are never as good as the originals.  I don't know who makes this battery, how much testing they do or the quality of the materials.  It may well pack up mid-fight or last 300 cycles.

What I will say is it  (looks) very well made, it charges fine (only done it twice) and works as expected so far.  It powers the P2 with latest firmware and fly's very well (so far). I would not think you could update the firmware (and I am not sure or a big fan of continually updating firmware). and might well brick it if you try.

I see reports of genuine batteries failing in flight and dji are not going to replace your copter if it does, and I understand that they only guarantee batteries for 90 days and after that your on your own. Lets face it mid-flight is where its going to fail if it does.

2015-3-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

umpa Posted at 2015-3-1 17:21
It fits all Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision + V1 , V2 , V3  (with a gimbal)(without a  ...

Thanks for the research. And the Video, Cant beat a good cup of tea.

What does the Battery status page in the PT2 app say about this battery?

Cheers
2015-3-2
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I tried a similar one before but, from Amazon(Not sure if they are from the same supplier) and i can tell you they work just as advertise.. No complaint so far.
2015-3-2
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2015-3-2 19:03
Thanks for the research. And the Video, Cant beat a good cup of tea.

What does the Battery status ...

No idea what the PT2 App says, I am not a big fan of connection my phantom to the PC, One time I did it took an upgrade behind my back and I thought that was unacceptable.  I should decide if I want to update via hitting the button.

If I do need to connect it will be with my original batteries.  The computer on the battery tells you all the info anyway, and besides an update might break the compatibility - either on purpose or by accident.
2015-3-3
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Batteries are still ok, flown for a good few hours and all is still good.  One 'feature' to be aware of is the fact that the batteries will turn off after so long of inactivity. I was setting up my gimbal and the thing kept turning off. - Thats not so good,
2015-4-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

umpa Posted at 2015-4-9 15:44
Batteries are still ok, flown for a good few hours and all is still good.  One 'feature' to be aware ...

What kind of flight times are you getting with the new battery?
2015-4-9
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-9 19:01
What kind of flight times are you getting with the new battery?

Well its not a fair test anymore because I have since fitted a 2 axis gimbal. I get about 15-20 mins depending on what I am doing,  The dji batteries give me the same, but for twice the price.

I'll keep you updated.
2015-4-9
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I have look at this too.  Anything that takes 20 day to ship may be a red flag in my book.  JMHO  
2015-4-9
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-4-10 03:47
I have look at this too.  Anything that takes 20 day to ship may be a red flag in my book.  JMHO

all the Chinese vendor's take that time.
It coming from across the world for free or nearly free.

just don't order from them, nothing red flag about transit time.

you do have an issue about something, just unsure if you just like being a downer dude or what.

get a life
2015-4-9
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-4-10 12:01
all the Chinese vendor's take that time.
It coming from across the world for free or nearly free. ...

Thanks for the update.  Still a red flag.  It there is an issue and I need to return it or exchange it...40 to 60 days to do a complete exchange?  I feel there are plenty of other vendor for other products I do not need this vendor.

Up to you DUDE
2015-4-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-4-10 22:59
Thanks for the update.  Still a red flag.  It there is an issue and I need to return it or exchang ...

Anything coming here from the Orient gets hung up in customs.  That's to be expected.
2015-4-10
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have not had a problem. I have since bought a 2axis gimbal for my Vision.  A guy I have been working with on the project received a faulty Item and his experience has been terrible compared to mine.  Its looking like he will have to file a case with paypal.

Banggood are giving him the run around.  I have had that from Chinese eBay sellers, often repeating them selves almost like they are cut and pasting pre-defined text.

So it seems Banggood is only any good if there is nothing wrong, else your screwed.

Shipping does take time, and from what I can gather its so you don't have to pay import tax.  I am prepared to wait because of that and they have sent me EVERYTHING I ordered and not paid a penny to the government for the privilege which is a good thing as they shaft us brits all the time.

I am very happy with the LCD batteries, I they have had 10 discharge cycles and are holding strong, saying that they will probably make the P2 drop out of the sky now - lol
2015-4-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Update,

Purely by accident I connected to the DJI assistant with my aftermarket battery.  The software detected it as an original battery, said its firmware was up to date, got the amount of discharges right and got the mAH rating right too.  I am on firmware 3.08.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules