BMPCC video issues
688 3 2016-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialJon
lvl.1

Ever since I had the BMPCC Zenmuse (Feb 15) I have had issues.

The HD-AV board constantly gave me problems with no video signal and no board showing in the assistant software.

The gimbal had been back to DJI numerous times for the same issue (no video signal and the HD-AV board being constant red), in the end they did replace the gimbal (Dec 15)

Worked fine when I got this and up till recently.  Last time I flown this was the beginning of July (been away), all ok and the video signal was fine and has been since I got it replaced.  

Took it out today (9th August) to test everything again - no video and the HD-AV board isn't showing again.

I have done nothing since it worked, only not flown it.  

How can this be?  Has anyone else come across this?

Disappointed with this gimbal, especially since they costs the best part of £2,000.

2016-8-9
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

On question, if anybody knows the answer.

Would the board not show in the assistant software, if no signal was being sent from the camera to the board?

Interested to know before I buy a new HDMI cable (it does look like a pin inside is slightly bent), the BMPCC HDMI works as I have tried this on an external monitor.
2016-8-9
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

What are your settings, we had a simular issue on a shoot, the client wanted specific settings and when we powered the craft on, there was no feed, at first we thought it was a cable, but before we gave up and left the shoot, we did the entire roll back to normal settings, then it all worked, in our case it was the fps that was set by the client to 24fps.
2016-8-10
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

Thanks for the suggestion, I will triple check everything.

I actually have the same frame rate as before, using 25.  Although worth checking out.

Thanks again,
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules