Phantom 4 recording only HD video 1280x720
2655 6 2016-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martin.hefner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1550558 ft
Czechia

Hi Guys, i'm new pilot of Phantom 4 since today everything is working well instead video recording.

Even if i set recording quality to 4K or Full HD, Phantom always recording just HD video 1280x720.

On screen of DJI go app i can see that 4K is set but when i check SD card i found only HD video recorder.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Martin (Czech Republic)

2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you set to 4k and the app says your in 4k, then 4k should be recording to the SD card.
Can you post a screenshot of where you are seeing that it's not recording 4k.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Martin, do other players show the same resolution when you play the original video back? What's more, have you tried to reset the camera and then adjust the resolution again?
2016-8-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is odd that there is only 720p, because that is the resolution of the live feed to your device on the downlink. Are you actually taking the SD card out of the aircraft and placing it in a computer to look at the files? Remember, the real files are on the SD card, not what it records on to your phone/tablet, they are only 720p.
2016-8-10
Use props
fireman01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1550558 ft
Czechia

Hello guys, finally working well. Yesterday evening i kust downgraded phantom to old firmware then update to newest version via dji go app instead dji assistant on pc and woalla, works perfectly. I can record video in all available resolution including 4K. Thanks for your help. Martin
2016-8-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Welcome to the forum glad you managed to sort it out.  Read read read, then read some more and still I find things I am missing!

2016-8-11
Use props
DJI Pilot Craig
New

South Africa

I have had the same problem with regards to my drone (DJI Phantom 4) only being able to record at 720p, despite the settings on the app saying any other quality of footage at all. Have taken out the SD card and tried different ones, however whenever i place it into my computer, it says that the quality is 720p. Have tried downgrading the upgrading the software to see if that helps, but no luck. This problem only started yesterday, before that everything was working fine. No matter what quality I select, it records in 720p despite telling me that it is recording at 4k for example. Can't seem to figure out what the problem is, any help is appreciated!
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules