DJI bought from Amazon doesn't look legitimate
3194 26 2016-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ncsandesh
lvl.1

[size=12.800000190734863px]I recently purchased a DJI Phantom 4 from Amazon through eDigitalUSA store and I am not sure if its a legitimate product or not. When I received the package, these are the things I noticed. Can you please help me to confirm if this product indeed is legitimate.

[size=12.800000190734863px]1. There was no black deal at the lock on the box. I have seen so many videos and online reviews for unboxing and every one of them has the black colored seal. But the one I received did not. Does DJI ship any products without the seal?

[size=12.800000190734863px]2. Inside the box, the propeller blades came with "Grey" Colored pouch, but every image or videos or online reviews i have seen, the pouch should be "Black" color. Does DJI ship something in Grey color?

[size=12.800000190734863px]I am in the process of returning the product because I feel this is not a legitimate product. Please advice if I should raise this with the seller and Amazon.

2016-8-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No-one has ever heard of a fake Phantom 3 or 4.
They just don't exist.
There are always minor variations in packaging and thinking your Phantom is fake because of these doesn't make much sense.
What did you buy ... a Phantom 4 or some packaging?
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ncsandesh, in the recent manufacture batches, it is normal to get a grey pouch. And we also cancel that black sticker on the box.
2016-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought a new Phantom 4 through a national dealer I the UK. It was delivered direct from Hong Kong to the local dealer where I picked it up. It had no black sticker on box lock, no protective plastic film on any of the sensor lenses or camera, I was concerned initially about the quality. To date the aircraft has flown well, and improved with updates. The 10 foot drop after sudden stop was fixed for me with firmware 1.2.503, and I 'think' the horizon tilt was fixed for me after 1.1.411. So all should be good with your aircraft.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Well, no need to worry if it asks you to "activate" when you first use the drone.  

BTW, you should click "advanced" button to insert pictures so we can see
2016-8-12
Use props
ncsandesh
lvl.1

Thank you all for responding!. So I guess DJI shipping process is probably nothing like Apple However, look at the attached image. When I started looking at the shell very closely, there was a slight line which was very hard to see, but its a clear crack on the shell.

I decided to return the product from Amazon (seller eDigitalUSA), and shipping them back. Whats worse is that I have to pay for shipping charges now and Amazon will find out if seller can reimburse that. I would rather buy it from Apple store or Best buy which is way easier to return if things like this happen.

Crack

Crack
2016-8-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ncsandesh@gmail Posted at 2016-8-13 05:59
Thank you all for responding!. So I guess DJI shipping process is probably nothing like Apple  How ...

I think it is a good idea that you return the product to Amazon, as you are going to be finding a zillion things wrong that don't exist. That 'crack' is not a crack at all, it is a mould part line and is perfectly normal.
2016-8-12
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Amazon never charges me to return or exchange a defective product.  But is that really a crack?
2016-8-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

ncsandesh@gmail Posted at 2016-8-12 15:59
Thank you all for responding!. So I guess DJI shipping process is probably nothing like Apple  How ...

sorry but that is not a crack but a seam.

I think Geebax has the correct idea...

you appear to want to find a fault!

and wont be happy until you do!

return it so someone else can get a good open box deal.
2016-8-12
Use props
kleslie77
New

United States

Whats goin on?  Your concerns sound pretty legitimate.  I just purchased my Phantom 4 directly through DJI and received it the other day.  The one I received was identical to what you are describing.  It did not have the black seal over the lock, and the blades bag was grey.

I did purchase a Phantom 4 from BestBuy a couple of months ago that I returned simply because DJI had a way better deal going on.  That product did have the black seal over the lock and the black blades bag.  I am not sure what the difference is, but they are both legitimate.
2016-8-12
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree that's not a crack it's the way the parts are joined
2016-8-12
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

kleslie77 Posted at 2016-8-12 23:47
Whats goin on?  Your concerns sound pretty legitimate.  I just purchased my Phantom 4 directly throu ...

Best But will price match. No need to return the iten, just so them the better deal on your phone or tablet and they will match it.
2016-8-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going over anything you buy these days with a microscope is apt to find small defects, take the p4 out for a flight, I'm sure you'll like it. If not try the typhoon H.
2016-8-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going over anything you buy these days with a microscope is apt to find small defects, take the p4 out for a flight, I'm sure you'll like it. If not try the typhoon H.
2016-8-13
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

I think you have the right idea returning it and ordering from a different vendor. But yes, there can be a fair amount of variance between these units.
2016-8-13
Use props
kleslie77
New

United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-13 02:52
Best But will price match. No need to return the iten, just so them the better deal on your phone  ...

They will price match but they won't add 3 extra batteries for the same price.  Believe me I wouldn't return it just for a price match lol
2016-8-17
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>

Just food for thought, and anyone please correct me if I'm incorrect, but I thought I had read someplace just recently that DJI will NOT warranty any of the P4's if it was not bought from an official DJI store or there website.
2016-8-17
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

That looks more like a flash seam rather then a crack.  Normal by product from casting molds where excess flash excretes out from the mold.
2016-8-17
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

kleslie77 Posted at 2016-8-17 12:11
They will price match but they won't add 3 extra batteries for the same price.  Believe me I would ...

They did for me! I showed them the add with a free extra battery and they gave me a free battery too. Their price match is to match the price of their competitors add and all that is included in the add.
2016-8-18
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

ncsandesh@gmail Posted at 2016-8-13 03:59

Hi ncsandesh,
Having carefully inspected my P4 I can definitely confirm that in the area you have pictured I have NO such crack,  joins or seams so I have no idea what others are saying here.
It is not normal so you should exchange / return it.
2016-8-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-8-18 21:20
Hi ncsandesh,
Having carefully inspected my P4 I can definitely confirm that in the area you have  ...

And you need to look at your P4 again.
I don't have a P4 but I can see the same line on this photo.
2016-8-18
Use props
BalooDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 684501 ft
Denmark

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-18 14:14
I don't have a P4 but I can see the same line on this photo. ...

That look more like an reflection of the light
2016-8-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And my P4

Looks like the OP's Phantom missed a finishing stage.
Phantom 4 to DJI resize.jpg
2016-8-18
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-18 20:14
I don't have a P4 but I can see the same line on this photo. ...

Labroides,
If you dont have a P4 then why are you disagreeing with me who does. Read my blog again which confirms that the Op P4 has cracks and I was confirming they should not be there. End of subject
2016-8-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-8-19 12:02
Labroides,
If you dont have a P4 then why are you disagreeing with me who does. Read my blog again ...

Because the OP's photo matches other photos of Phantom 4s that anyone can find.
And the photos clearly show well defined and curved moulding lines - not cracks.
That some P4s don't have these just means that DJI have used different moulds.
2016-8-18
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-19 10:55
Because the OP's photo matches other photos of Phantom 4s that anyone can find.
And the photos clea ...

Don't worry. Some of us agree with you. Looks like a molding line to me too.
2016-8-19
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin answered the question early on.  The anomalies brought up by the OP were actually normal, and there's no indication that this isn't a genuine DJI product.
2016-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules