Replacing P3P shell - What tools are needed?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

I'm replacing the shell on my Phantom 3 Professional after not being able to stop a RTH that started under a tree.  The camera went one way the battery another and one arm was seriously damaged.

Can someone out there tell me what tools (torx, phillips, etc) and especially their sizes, are needed to complete the transfer?

Thank you in advance

2016-8-13
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

T6, t8, very small Phillips.  A pair of hemostats (mosquito forceps) are VERY handy.  Good luck, it's not that bad.  Most difficult part was separating the shell halves after the screws were out lol.
2016-8-13
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

kdcox Posted at 2016-8-13 22:26
T6, t8, very small Phillips.  A pair of hemostats (mosquito forceps) are VERY handy.  Good luck, it' ...

Thank you kdcox.  I'm about to purchase a "set" of screwdriver bits... just wanted to make sure it included what is needed.
2016-8-13
Use props
nicholasward671
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft

Just thought I would give you my two pennies worth, it takes approx 2/3 hours to complete and is relatively easy. A good idea is to take plenty of pickies at all stages of the process for referal if you should need to, also the eight strand gimbal cable needs to be twisted inside the drone as the plug for some reason is on the wrong way round (it was on mine) and if you clip both shells together it's a bitch opening them again. Good luck and it isn't as hard as you might think.
2016-8-13
Use props
fanse543f211
lvl.2
United States

nicholasward671 Posted at 2016-8-13 11:26
Just thought I would give you my two pennies worth, it takes approx 2/3 hours to complete and is relatively easy. A good idea is to take plenty of pickies at all stages of the process for referal if you should need to, also the eight strand gimbal cable needs to be twisted inside the drone as the plug for some reason is on the wrong way round (it was on mine) and if you clip both shells together it's a bitch opening them again. Good luck and it isn't as hard as you might think.

Thank you for your reply... definitely taking pics...
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules