Auto take off height
6337 4 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tony_harding
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144 ft
United Kingdom

Just received my new phantom 4 (2 days ago), so far amazed by the product.

I read that the auto take off height was 1.2 meters. When taking off via the app my phantom only seems to go up around 60cms (roughly) not the 1.2m.

Is there a settings or something else that needs looking at ?

many thanks

Tony
2016-8-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Auto takeoff is an unnecessary gimmick.
There's a stick on the left that will make it go as high as you like.
2016-8-15
Use props
hmatias5555
New

Canada

Tony, never mind the smart ass comment you got.
No worries about the takeoff height. Mine does the Same thing.
Do you know what to do to take off manually, you probably read it by now. If not let me know.
Henry
2016-8-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best thing is find a big wide open field with no obstructions where you can practice take off and landing etc. Handy to have a sheet of plywood or similar (about 600mm square, or whatever suites you), then camera/gimbal won't get dirty or damaged. Have a good read of the Return To Home (RTH) section, and practice the different scenarios (try less that 65 feet away and then  more) to build up confidence. Don't rely upon the Obstacle Avoidance as being perfect, it can't avoid small obstacles, so have a good read over that section.
2016-8-15
Use props
tony_harding
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not worried about manual take offs, I prefer them as I take it up to just above head height to be out of range of any danger to anyone around me or my dog .

I was just wondering if the drone itself is at fault with auto take off not going to the height it should as it says in the manual.

PS. Im loving the thing at the moment, still trying to learn to fly the thing smoother for the videos. Big learning curve for me atm.

2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules