My First video
765 5 2016-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt18turbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75141 ft
United States

Submitted for your viewing pleasure or displeasure as the case may be, my first video attempt.  I know almost nothing about cameras so I wanted to get a benchmark from which to improve.  Using knowledge gleaned from mostly youtube, I had a ND4 filter for the first scene then an ND8 filter attached thereafter.  I manually flew the entire mission and some of my turns were a little jerky.  All comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  Yeah they took away my copyrighted music, which is silly, just advertising for the artist, but it's the law... oh well.  Next time I will use "legal" music.  

Matt
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Thanks for your sharing, Matt. I like the shot at 0:51.Really nice.
2016-8-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Matt,

Good start.  You might think about using transitions between shots.  They can keep the whiplash to a minimum.  The PANs were pretty good.  That slight jerkiness in the PANs is often caused by video editing and going from one speed to another.  Slowing the PANs down even more can also help and keeping your frame rate at 30 or above will improve the smoothness.  There is plenty more information here on this Forum that you will benefit from.  But, like I said, good start!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-16
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

nice work... thanx for sharing
2016-8-16
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Looks good for starters. Flying anything over water freaks me out.  Flying over trees used to but I'm getting over it slowly.  One of my last FPV videos I submitted came back with "banned in some countries" that was on youtube and Whitesnake was the music.

Ok then  whaaaatever it's not like I'm selling it right?

You are going to have fun with your new camera!
2016-8-16
Use props
matt18turbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75141 ft
United States

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!
2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules