Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi all, I need some help.
here is what happens almost everytime I start my P3P:

1. I turn on controller
  2. I turn on drone
  3. drone powers up (motors buzz), gimbal powers up, but instead of giving 2 buzzes to indicate ready, it shuts motors off and camera drops again
  4. when i turn it off, battery green bars turn off, but red button light just continues to blink and drone LEDs also stay on. battery light will even continue to blink if it is removed.
  5. after about 15seconds battery and drone lights will eventually go out.

I usually have to do this 1x, but sometimes up to 3x. Then everything works flawlessly.
I have 3 different batteries, all original, the last one purchased just 2 months ago. all show this behavior.
It has been like that since I purchased drone, around April. Needless to say, I have done countless cold IMU/gimbal/compass calibrations during this time.
I ve checked ribbon cable, it is securely plugged in.
Happens with DJI GO, Litchi or no app lanuched.
I am on the firmware before this current one.

Has anyone had similar experience? It s beginning to be really annoying.

2016-8-16
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Time to send it back to DJI. You have a bad internal connection or bad mainboard.
2016-8-16
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-16 18:02
Time to send it back to DJI. You have a bad internal connection or bad mainboard.

I got 2 trips coming up (Hong Kong and Iceland) and need it. maybe afterwards.
until then, i d like to understand cause and if I can do something about it...
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Sebb, I'd suggest you to extract the bin file to the card and make sure all the firmware are the latest.
2016-8-16
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ok will upgrade to latest firmware.
2016-8-16
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

Sebb Posted at 2016-8-17 01:59
ok will upgrade to latest firmware.

-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD Root Directory. Root directory is just a fancy name for " Make sure it is not in a file or folder  " Make sure the BIN file is the only thing on the SD card.
2016-8-17
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

dbensonp Posted at 2016-8-17 13:15
-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD Root Directory. Root dire ...

sure thing, thanks

will an update wipe previous flight data?
2016-8-17
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

Sebb Posted at 2016-8-17 09:05
sure thing, thanks

will an update wipe previous flight data?

Hey Sebb, download the latest firmware, unzip, format your sd card (this will wipe out everything on the sd card) , download the bin file from the unzipped file to the sd card, with the battery out insert the sd card into your Phantom, insert the battery and turn on. This should do it for you. Don't have the remote control on.
Good Luck!
2016-8-17
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

I believe I am having the same problem.
I have only flown my Quadcopter Phantom 3 Professional  about 7-8 times. It was bought in December 2015 and arrived in January 2016. It was sent back to DJI and they updated the firmware for me. I still do not understand all the update and anything about Bin files. I am still using the Firmware since January 2016.
I flew the quadcopter  for about 2 minutes about 2 weeks ago .and then brought in in for a landing, just to make sure the props were tight. I was unable to get my motors to re-start. I came back home and in about 5 days later, I took it out in my back yard and I went thru the Normal Steps that I use before for  takeoff. The quadcopter did not arm the motors. so I brought both joystick to the inside corner, The motors were  armed, I flew it for just a few minutes for a test flight, I cannot go far or high, no more than about 6 feet high and 20 feet distance. I am about 4 miles from the airport.
Shall I contact DJI, As mentioned ,I do not know anything about updateing the Quadcopter, other wise I think it has been flying like it is suppose to.
2016-8-17
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-8-17 19:47
I believe I am having the same problem.
I have only flown my Quadcopter Phantom 3 Professional  abo ...

I think there is a 4 mile red zone, no fly zone, around all major airports. That could be the reason. Does
the DJI GO app give any warnings?
2016-8-18
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

The problem was out at  the 5 mile zone- G P S said it  was Safe to Fly I came back home and tried to see if it still had a problem a couple of days later.. I didn't want to drive  back to my flying field, so I just tested it at home.
2016-8-19
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-16 18:02

So it turned out to be related to battery firmware.

all firmware was up to date, but not on the batteries. Once I updated them, it never happened again.
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules