12Next >
9467 64 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI does not sanction the release of this information.  I am sorry for editing your post but considering our negations with Apple on the formal release of the APP this is not acceptable.

2015-1-28
Use props
dfry
lvl.1

United States

I don't know if the 0.9.2 release is "sanctioned" by DJI but my understanding was it was in the App Store before Apple removed it. I have been using it, like many others, with no issues.
2015-1-28
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

dfry Posted at 2015-1-29 01:02
I don't know if the 0.9.2 release is "sanctioned" by DJI but my understanding was it was in the App  ...

It never made it into the App Store. 0.9.2 was the last "beta" version DJI released to us before stopping cold turkey with iOS information. Shortly thereafter they removed references to it from their website and the manual.

Many of us still on the iOS version are working just fine at least until a new firmware comes out, and then we may be screwed.

In the meantime, while we wait to find out "if" (not when) Apple will approve the application, we are stuck with a beta version or will need to switch to Android. It is possible we may all be forced to Android soon anyway based on how Apple responds to DJI.
2015-1-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

And with post like GB44, doesn't help anyone...
2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-29 02:16
It never made it into the App Store. 0.9.2 was the last "beta" version DJI released to us before s ...

Interesting.

If Apple do force the hand of DJI and the ios App is ditched altogether by DJI, I will expect a full refund from the dealer in the UK  and expect DJI to honour any returns to dealers accordingly.

Lets be fair, its not exactly the dealers fault so why should they get stuck with returned items as a consequence of DJI inability to properly manage the release of their UAV's with the ios App as advertised.

Its as they say in the movies "  a cluster f_ _ _ "

Lets hope there is someone watching these posts from DJI who has the balls to give the customers some confirmations accordingly, as at the minute ist all false promises and no answers to questions even on the Live 24/7 joke line.

2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-29 02:55
And with post like GB44, doesn't help anyone...

Balde Strike,

Can you please explain what I personally have done wrong as I struggle to understand your comment about my post

I have every right to be frustrated with DJI like everyine else in the same boat without the ios App
2015-1-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not regarding your frustrations.. It's regarding starting a new thread on a topic that already has many on this subject.
2015-1-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have edited the post by GB44.  We cannot sanction the release of any unauthorized versions of the iOS App until approved by Apple.
2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-29 03:07
I have edited the post by GB44.  We cannot sanction the release of any unauthorized versions of the  ...

Tahoe _ Ed

With regard to my previous post, I wasnt endorsing the release of any beta version App specifically.  I was merely passing on the information that I was given specifically via the DJI 24/7 chat line today, so that others on the forum had the opportunity to make an informed decision for themselves on the information that I had received direct by the DJI  representative.  So please dont make me out to have done something wrong here.  

If DJI were as quick as you in editing my previosu post, in providing answers and keeping their customers happy, we probably wouldnt be on these forums, we would be using the Inspire simulator or out flying.  However that is not likely given DJI cant at the minute fulfill their obilgations to their customers by providing an appropriate ios App as advertised and written within the Inspire manual.

You seem very quick to remove my comments but that is not reciprocated with answers to questions and basic, reasonable customer service after purchasing an expensive item such as the Inspire.

If the link to the ios app I gave was wrong and  DJI is unable to sanction it, then why did the DJI rep on the 24/7 joke line try to palm it off to me as a solution.  

I reiterate, I do not personally wish to use a non-authorised app so tell your so called technicians on the Chat Line not to issue such advice.  I did actually question this with the DJI tech on the Chat Line, but as normal, he decided to terminate the call prematurely rather than answer the question.

So to summarise, yes I am an Inspired owner at the present, but this will depend on how long DJI take to resolve this issue and as previously stated, if it remains unresolved for a period of time I will expect DJI to honour returns to dealers.

To answer Blade Strike I may have created a new thread, but perhaps by doing so something might get to the CEO or hiearchy of DJI in order that we receive reasonable customer service and perhaps dare I mention some compensation for customers.

2015-1-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You have been given answers directly by DJI. Just because you don't like those answers you choose not to listen. This is out of DJI hands, it's really that simple. They're not Apple and can not force apple to speed up the approval process. DJI is still developing and releasing internal updates on the iOS app. If it was game over, you think they would waste resources?

Regarding the CEO? You don't think he is aware of this? Now, Now, lets not be foolish. You honestly think starting another thread will make him wake up and start beating down apple's door? Once again very counter-productive

If you stopped to think, just for a second.. You would see that DJI wants this app to be released as bad as all the end users do.
2015-1-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-29 03:38
Tahoe _ Ed

With regard to my previous post, I wasnt endorsing the release of any beta version App ...

I do understand your frustrations, we share many of them.  Users have posted many links to outlawed versions of the iOS APP.  I appreciate their efforts but we, as a company cannot promote them.  I think that you can understand our position on a DJI Forum.
2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-29 03:56
You have been given answers directly by DJI. Just because you don't like those answers you choose no ...

Yes I received information from DJI 24/7 chat line and posted it on this forum for the benefit of others.  So in hindsight I should simply not have trusted anything DJI said.

Yes I didnt like this information provided by DJI, but as stated in my post, I questioned the link and the app suitability when it was provided by the DJI rep on the 24/7 chat line, but reiterate the techie decided to terminate the chat rather than answer my questions about the link he provided me and if it was a DJI authorised app.   So again dont shoot the messenger.

I agree with you comments that DJI probably do want the App certified by Apple, but that doesn't detract from DJI releasing the Inspire too soon, knowing full well it wouldnt work without the IOS App.  By allowing customers to purchase the Inspire in Good Faith and not disclosing the material facts about the missing IOS App at point of sale, DJI have not acted honourably, but that is just my humble opinion.

If as you say the DJI CEO knows about these issues, why did DJI knowingly distribute and sell these machines, knowing fine well that they couldnt be operated without iOS.  Surely the customers should have been informed this before they purchased in good faith.  

Perhaps DJI are the ones who refuse to listen to so many frustrated customers.  So perhaps rather than shoot this messenger you need to get your own act together rather than slagging off your customers who purchase your equipment in good faith.

The very least DJI can do is restore some balance to its customers who purchased iPads specifically for use with the Inspire and can demonstrate this with a copy of a sales receipt with some compensation, free battery or some gesture of good faith.  At the minute customers with iPads seem to be targeted as instigating some rebellion or accused of not listening, both of which is out of order.  We like the android users simply wish to use the Inspire as intended.

So please dont tell me I am not listening.  In my opinion it is DJI who are not listening or simply refusing to listen as frequently demonstrated on the 24/7 chat line and comments seen on this forum.

2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So now you remove my comments to your last post.  Not exactly a democracy or promotion of free speech being endorsed here.

Perhaps DJI are simply not listening or maybe I am just being foolish or maybe DJI just dont like the questions and comments being raised by customers who have spent hard earned cash on systems that wont work.
2015-1-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ummmm you need to calm down and look at the post. nothing was removed but the first post.

Maybe take a break and a deep breath .

2015-1-28
Use props
dbeck.email
lvl.4

United States

Don't see it. What?
2015-1-28
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

It says Version 1.0 on the iPad Air...
2015-1-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hvilorio Posted at 2015-1-29 11:34

That is the current beta version.  I hope that all of you will be able to access it soon.
2015-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hvilorio Posted at 2015-1-29 11:34

Maybe it is being slaved by cabes from the android machine and this is the android version of the app.

Just a thought
2015-1-29
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

To Blade Strike and anyone else who represent DJI on this forum.

I have today received yet more correspondence from DJI, directing me to the Inspire Pilots forum providing the same link as was removed in my earlier post, which I will not repeat.  The correspondence went on to say :  "Once the iOS get an approval from Apple, it will be unable to download from Apple store directly"

So make of that what you want.

If DJI are not authorising this link, please for the love of god explain why DJI are sending me this link to use, which is the same link and advice provided by the 24/7 On Line Chat previously.  The correspondence was headed  as follows:

Sm.D (DJI)
Jan 29, 18:14

As you are well aware, I am extremely hacked off with DJI regarding the lack of the IOS App and this simply amplifies the issue.  

Either DJI are authorising this are they are not.  Come on DJI get you act together, but dont shoot down this messenger again as I simply seek clarity.

If the editor or moderator require the whole transcript/ email received from DJI, I can gladly provide it.

2015-1-29
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-29 18:45
To Blade Strike and anyone else who represent DJI on this forum.

I have today received yet more cor ...

For what it's worth, I received this in a e-mail from DJI last night regarding my inquiry:

"We have submitted the iOS Application to Apple and are awaiting their approval. Our engineers are working with Apple to push this through their approval process, but we currently do not have a release date. Thank you for your patience and continued support of DJI products."

GB44 I understand your concern and frustration, but try to be patience. I am confident that our patience will be rewarded.
2015-1-29
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

Well this is an interesting read if true:  https://gist.github.com/schwa/1122ddbe351535be419c

according to the author, Apple could simply decide to block/lock the iOS DJI pilot app at any time since it was apparently developed using an enterprise license agreement.  Jeeze, the DJI rep encouraged me to get an iPad Air 2 so I did.  I'm using it with version 9.2 of the app installed but will really be disappointed if Apple decides to lock the program.  Details seem possible, suggest that one read the linked post.
2015-1-29
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

atoddmiller Posted at 2015-1-29 20:33
Well this is an interesting read if true:  https://gist.github.com/schwa/1122ddbe351535be419c

accor ...

here is the post from the author.

"(Background: I'm an iPhone app developer and have been making iOS apps since the iOS AppStore opened. I don't have my Inspire-1 yet - should be here Thursday.)
(Copy of this post here as a backup: https://gist.github.com/schwa/a052485a19eeb45e7068)

tl;dr DJI is distributing the DJI Pilot app using a mechanism that Apple does not authorise and they risk Apple "kill switching" the software.

Over the last few days I've been checking the iOS AppStore to see if the DJI Pilot app was available on it so I can install and try it out before I get my quadcopter. I found nothing, despite seeing YouTube videos from Inspire-1 owners who were definitely running the app on their iPad. This made me wonder why - when I realised the app receives video directly from the controller via the USB/Lightning cable. This is _not_ an iOS feature currently available to developers who want to release on the AppStore. (with the conspicuous exception of the “Duet Display” app - more on that later)

This made me realise that DJI must be distributing the app under an Enterprise certificate and not with an AppStore certificate that we developers normally use to distribute apps on the AppStore. I noticed a link to the app in the Inspire manual and after a little bit of cheating (it required that I enter my Inspire S/N which I dont have yet) I managed to download the app and inspect it to confirm that it indeed was signed using an Enterprise profile: (see screenshot here https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n55dp ... 2021.37.45.png?dl=0 )

Quick background: individuals and companies who want to sell (or give away) apps on the AppStore sign up for the iOS Developer program and are able to build and distribute apps using AppStore certicates. As part of this program they submit apps for review to Apple, who make sure the app is following all the rules (and not say, receiving video via USB). One of the limitations is that AppStore developers cannot just distribute the app to whoever they like (with the exception of a small number of beta testers) - everyone must go via the AppStore to install the app.

Enterprise program members, on the other hand are not limited by the same rules. They can make apps that anyone can install on their devices without going through the AppStore. And also - because they bypass the AppStore - these apps can do things that Apple would not normally allow. This is how the DJI Pilot app is able to receive video directly over the USB/Thunderbolt cable. The catch, and this is the dealbreaker - is that these Enterprise apps can ONLY be distributed to members of the enterprise in question.

In fact this is spelt out quite clearly on the main Apple Enterprise Program page (https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/enterprise/): "Get tools and resources for developing proprietary, in-house iOS apps that you can distribute to your employees". The DJI Pilot app is NOT in-house and is NOT being distributed to just DJI employees. (This, of course, described legally and very verbosely in the actual Enterprise program terms and conditions).

So all this would really be none of our business if not for the fact that Apple can decide at will to revoke DJI’s Enterprise certificate and stop everyone (you, me and all Inspire users) from using the app. They can, in effect, pull a remote “kill switch” that will disable the App. Because DJI is breaking their Enterprise agreement with Apple, Apple is more than within their rights to do this. In fact Apple has in the past done exactly this to other enterprises that have pulled the same trick (see for example: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/19/gba4ios-game-boy-emulator/)

Will Apple do this? Personally I doubt it - DJI isn’t doing anything malicious, and to be quite honest the iPad controlled Inspire looks great for Apple too. Can Apple do this? Definitely. Is Apple within their rights to do this? Again, definitely. Will this mean your $3000 drone will suddenly have a large part of its functionality rendered useless? Yes.

So if Apple was to do this what could DJI do? They’d have to remove functionality that was unavailable to them if they were to release it on the AppStore (e.g. video over USB/Thunderbolt).

But I bet a lot of Inspire users would go out and buy a Nexus ? immediately though.

You may be wondering why DJI is breaking their agreement with Apple and releasing the App like this? Again it comes down to video over USB/Thunderbolt. As mentioned this is not something that AppStore apps can usually do. And I believe DJI either tried to get DJI Pilot on the AppStore and failed (perhaps asking Apple for an exception for this feature) or decided to bypass the issue completely and went straight for the Enterprise release.

In the last couple of weeks an app receiving video via USB/Thunderbolt has appeared on the AppStore: “Duet Display” (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duet-display/id935754064?mt=8) allows you to use an iPad as a second monitor for your Mac - and it transmits video from the Mac vis USB/Thunderbolt. As all developers up to now thought that technique was off-limits this naturally caused a lot of controversy: https://medium.com/@mronge/apple-is-usb-allowed-

Now that this precedent has been set it MIGHT be possible for DJI to go with the AppStore route. And I really hope that DJI are trying as hard as they can to get the DJI Pilot app realised this way.

If they’re not - then I hope bringing this issue into the open will help pressure them into at least trying this route.

If attempts to get DJI Pilot onto the AppStore fail then I think it’s useful for all Inspire-1 and iOS users are aware of this situation and know that DJI is playing rather “fast and loose” with their customer’s purchases."
2015-1-29
Use props
web
New

Switzerland

Well... my Inspire flight and shoot very VERY well, thanks DJI ... alles klar with other devices... Juste an Apple Politic bullshit...

Thanks a lot DJI to be fast, not making everybody waiting because Apple's will maybe say yes or no, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week...

I gave my iPad Air shit to my little goddaughter, she's really happy, she can make virtual make-up with! I  buy a Samsung that work very well ... Honestly it's a good tool! We should do the same, although some guys Inspired alter in custom super result of Apple compagny ... just your nerves at all, give up...
2015-1-29
Use props
jbienz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

I very sadly broke down and bought another device today. I am NOT an Apple fan but I went ahead and bought an iPad Mini 3 last month in preparation for my Inspire. I bought the iPad instead of an Android tablet because all of the DJI videos show them using iPads. But every time I call or e-mail or IM technical support they just keep telling me the same thing: "Two more weeks". It's been "Two more weeks" for almost a week now. And it's entirely out of their hands. It's in Apples hands. I get that. But what I want to know is why this certification process wasn't started sooner. The biggest hurdle is the first certification. I know this very well. Once an app is certified, the updates usually go through much more smoothly. Why did DJI go so long with an Enterprise app and not submit for the regular store along the way? Why did they wait until customers were already receiving units to start the app certification process? Sadly, I don't think I'll ever know the answers to those questions.

If the Apple problem is not resolved soon (i.e. in less than a month) I feel DJI should refund a portion of my purchase. Probably about $300 bucks worth. I would never have bought that device without DJIs guidance in the form of documentation on their website and in the form of their own employees preference of that device over Android.
2015-1-29
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jbienz Posted at 2015-1-29 23:34
I very sadly broke down and bought another device today. I am NOT an Apple fan but I went ahead and  ...

I agree.

I also purchased an iPad Mini days before I picked up the Inspire on the specific basis of using it with the Inspire. Indeed I was even given a demonstration from the dealer who was also using an iPad.

All very dishonest of DJI not to inform customers at point of sale of this little technicality.  I agree, why was the App license and technicalities  with Apple not sorted before the release date, which DJI in their wisdon put back to 2015 exactly because of technical problems with the Inspire itself.

I am suprised that the above post has been allowed to stay on this forum, given it sort of confirms DJI have acted inappropriately in this whole sorry saga.

And if we cant use iPad's do I really want to revert to using a pc and android - I think not as they are open to computer virus attacks etc.  What would happen if an android/ pc ground station was to be infected with a virus whilst the UAV was inflight ?  Just a thought or maybe me being synical given it has been 4 years since I switched to Apple and have never had a virus yet, which is something you couldnt say about android PC's.

2015-1-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-1-29 19:42
For what it's worth, I received this in a e-mail from DJI last night regarding my inquiry:

"We ha ...

I agree some need patience. Posting daily regarding the same subject is not productive and will just have people ignore you. There is a wrong and right way to voice concerns or frustrations. This is prime example of how not to do it.
2015-1-29
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-30 00:17
I agree.

I also purchased an iPad Mini days before I picked up the Inspire on the specific basis o ...

I, too, bought an iPad Air just for the Inspire, but I'm not blaming DJI on this. It's an Apple issue. Perhaps when DJI was first creating the app, Apple was simply not allowing any type of video over lightning. It appears now that there are a few apps, but this may very well be a recent development.

I agree that a service rep shouldn't have pointed you to an unauthorized version, and while I've already got it on my iPad, I'm sure as HELL not trusting a beta app to run my $3000+ bird. I'll use one of my Android devices, with an app version greater than "1.0".  

This really is out of DJI's hands. Direct your anger at Apple. DJI is a swattable gnat in comparison to Apple, and Apple could care less about all the iOS DJI users. They're more worried about protecting their own image, and preventing features that could somehow compete with their own.

As to your comments about "all the viruses" on PC's and Android, that's just nonsense, sorry. I've never had a virus on any PC, just using common sense, and Microsoft's built-in A/V (Defender). As for Android, I have yet to hear of one. single. person, either in person, or online, who's gotten an Android malware. Most of what you hear is FUD hawked by A/V companies to scare you into buying their services. The vast majority of the malware you hear about is from unauthorized non-Google stores, that most users have no idea how to get to. The same thing can happen on a jailbroken iDevice using a different app store. Any Malware that shows up on the Google Play store is usually caught quickly, and avoiding any of this (rare) malware is as easy as reading the reviews and permissions for an app.

P.S. Macs get malware too. Social engineering works on any platform. I would also question the security of OSX/iOS after both were using a completely broken SSL for many months last year. (ie: If you did anything with a password, such as banking, social media, mail, whatever, it could have been easily intercepted).

Not only that, but A/V (if people are worried) is free and easy to find (Lookout for example) for basic scanning services, that don't really affect the device all that much. I've been an Android (and iOS - 5 devices) user since 2009.

Really, this is a $3000+ machine. I get why some people are upset/worried, or reluctant to go to the "evil Android", but the cost of a $300 tablet (which is all you really need for the Inspire) is small compared to the the drone itself. Face facts: iOS may never work for this drone... It's all up to Apple, and they don't give a flying you-know-what about you. Get an Nvidia Sheild (which has been shown to work as well as an iPad Mini 2) and be done with it.

DJI can't/couldn't predict what Apple will do. Should they have just delayed the entire Inspire rollout until Apple approved their app?

Again, I've asked this question here before, and no-one seems to have a decent answer: What should DJI have done?
2015-1-29
Use props
jbienz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

Fair enough on all your points gwhiz. But what do you feel is the excuse for not pursuing store certification much earlier? To your point, several other video over lightning apps are already certified at this point.
2015-1-29
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

atoddmiller Posted at 2015-1-29 20:39
here is the post from the author.

"(Background: I'm an iPhone app developer and have been making  ...

? Do I own my Apple product or does Apple if what you say is true Apple  seems to dictate what I can and can't do with my equipment. Happy to jailbreak the lot and have DJI supply the App via any other source.
What the difference between Apple /DJI and Boy Scouts? Boy Scouts is run by Adult.
2015-1-29
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey folks ... not trying to stir the pot .... just checking back in to see if anyone has heard of any updates on the release of the DJI Pilot from Apple on the Apple Store as of yet?
2015-2-7
Use props
gregghone
lvl.2

Netherlands

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-7 18:55
Hey folks ... not trying to stir the pot .... just checking back in to see if anyone has heard of an ...

I just posted this on another thread....

Should we take this as an official statement from DJI representatives?

Yesterday (06FEB15) I attended the first European TUSE (The Unmanned Systems Expo) at the World Forum in The Hague, Netherlands. DJI had a stand with representatives. As expected, there was a lot of interest in the Inspire 1.

They were extremely reluctant to speak with me about the Inspire 1 iOS issue, and in fact about any other concerns I have. However being persistent (and I am sure they just wanted me off their stand where there were many interested buyers who they didn’t want to hear anything negative), they eventually confirmed to me that the issue with the iOS app is because of streaming video over lightning cable (as suspected by many on this forum). Walking off on me, he made the ‘off the cuff' remark “I would suggest you buy android devices if you want to fly anytime soon”.
2015-2-7
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a bit slow and I can't be bothered to sift through all the emotion on the numerous pages on this subject...  Why can't you all just be patient, and go out and fly with 0.92 or whatever?  Works fine for me!

I'm quite sure they're on the case...
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gregghone Posted at 2015-2-7 19:31
I just posted this on another thread....

Should we take this as an official statement from DJI re ...

Gregg,

Thanks for that update.

So DJI do know what is going on, they just refuse to inform and educate its customers with a formal announcement.  Now thats real Customer Service.

I have raised an issue direct with Apple and intend calling them in a few days to see what their take is on the situation.  The Senior Manager/ Tech guy at Apple was very understanding and assured me he would look into the matter and see what stage the App approval was in.  I emphasised that if Apple dont take the initiative and approve this DJI Pilot App fast, Apple would be losing large amounts of custom to its Android competitors.

You will no doubt start getting some grief and replies that you are being negative towards DJI and not being patient or understanding, but I thank you for sharing this information with us.  Its more than what DJI are doing, in fact I think the forum members are doing the work for DJI.

Thanks again Gregg for sharing you information, greatly appreciated.
2015-2-7
Use props
gregghone
lvl.2

Netherlands

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-7 19:46
Gregg,

Thanks for that update.

Haha...you're welcome... and people will always read into this what they want... I'm just sharing my experience yesterday with DJI confirming our suspicions as to why Apple have yet to approve the app.  Also to let everyone know that maybe we do need to lower our expectations that the app is going to be ready anytime soon... if thier comments yesterday are anything to go by.
2015-2-7
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think what Tahoe Ed meant to say was:-

Given we know we cocked up we are trying to recover the situation with Apple so that all you patient potential users can fly soon.
We intend to take the CEO of Apple out to lunch soon and hope we can have some good news for you - meanwhile it may be advantageous to buy an Android platform in the short term   )))))))))))))))

We are also trying to get over the cockup with our former USA distributor in light of the court case which we feel may have influenced Apple's current attitude and again will be taking Apple CEO out to another lunch  

IT's like Peyton PLace / Neighbours / Friends etc all over again.
However do not forget this will be hurting DJI and so they will be doing whatever they can to remedy the situation behind the scenes as they are and will be losing sales meanwhile.

Profit counts

2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok,

Just been informed on the 24/7 line that DJI have receieved reply from Apple :

What is the status today on the IOS app release
13:28:03
hello
Apple replied us recently and it will be released soon

However DJI remain very secretive about what the Apple reply was or what is meant by soon.  "Chaty" line very rude again and terminated without answering questions properly.  We deserve better than this from DJI.  They obviously have information on this matter, but are refusing to release it.
2015-2-7
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

GB44,

I use Mac devices exclusively and no one is more interested than I am in getting the iOS app released. That said, what is the point in haranguing DJI about something not in their control? Yes i wish they had submitted the app earlier but given that many companies don't support Mac software AT ALL, i wait patiently and use the beta until the App is released.
2015-2-7
Use props
Cinestar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 615007 ft
Norway

were can i download the beta until the App is released for mac?
2015-2-7
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Looks to me like a conclusive turning point shall be reached soon. Lets just try and wait it out as much as possible until then... I can't see us doing anything else otherwise... We'll just have to put our trust in DJI once more.
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rbimd Posted at 2015-2-7 22:17
GB44,

I use Mac devices exclusively and no one is more interested than I am in getting the iOS app  ...

Rbimd,

I badger DJI for an update -   Why should I be used as a guinea pig in their Beta testing when I paid for a fully working model with a fully approved App as promise and advertised.

Why should I be patient.  I have waited patiently since pre-ordering in November and paid in good faith for this.

Just dont like being screwed by whatever company at my expense.
2015-2-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules