RTH does not work, drone just lands where it is at
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynefey1
New

United States

Using RTH either in App or on controller, drone just lands straight down from where it is when activated

2016-8-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I'm assuming you activated RTH close to where you took off, if this is the case it will. Try flying it further away and give it a go.
2016-8-18
Use props
Tobz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You need the drone to be at least 20m away for it to work.
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

hi

as stated the aircraft needs to be at least 20 metres away from the rc, and check in the RTH settings you have it set to go home,and not land/hover where it is at the time as these are the other options.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Germany

Hello waynefey1, first please make sure your drone should be at least 20m away from home point. Also, please make sure your RTH setting has been set correctly.
2016-8-18
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Does anyone read manuals any longer ? Or just look through the app setting a little? I guess not.
2016-8-18
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-19 10:43
Does anyone read manuals any longer ? Or just look through the app setting a little? I guess not.

It would reduce forum traffic about 50% would't it?
2016-8-19
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-8-19 05:22

I agree! You buy an expensive aerial camera, take it out of the box, take a quick look at it, and say "Oh, I got this" and then attempt to fly it and wonder why it isn't doing what you think it should do!
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-8-19 17:22

Actually more than that, I hope people realize a drone is not a phone or camera, that you can learn to play safely without reading manuals.
2016-8-19
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-19 17:42
I agree! You buy an expensive aerial camera, take it out of the box, take a quick look at it, and  ...

Or you crash it for failure to RTFM and post about DJI warranty on all of social media.  Heck, I'm trying to get deeper into Autopilot and I think I've read the manual and watched the videos more time than I can count and I've still yet to use it to try to do what I want to do.
2016-8-19
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-19 06:21
Actually more than that, a lot of us in the customer service department will lose our jobs if every ...

Are you trying to kid us?! With all the real problems that isn't explained in the manual or tutorial videos you and everyone in DJI customer service has job security. As for learning to "play safely" without reading any manuals has me wondering! I can see a 16 year old who already thinks they know EVERYTHING with the controls of a flying machine with 4 rotating blades out in public showing off their new "TOY" and lets see how many people and property will survive unharmed!
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-19 21:57
Are you trying to kid us?! With all the real problems that isn't explained in the manual or tutori ...

Sorry, I was trying to say that the traffic to call center call center or repair department could really reduce a lot, if everyone reads the manual thoroughly, because we get a lot of cases people who clearly haven't read manuals. Like the CSC-command-crash on P3 series.
2016-8-20
Use props
kojie007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203179 ft
United Kingdom

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-19 03:43

Don't  knock anybody  for asking questions  on forum thats what its for i read everything through but seem to find it difficult  to do what it asks but find asking questions  and also reading other peoples , and the good people who reply simply  to the question .keep up the good work replyiers
2016-8-21
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

kojie007 Posted at 2016-8-21 04:02
Don't  knock anybody  for asking questions  on forum thats what its for i read everything through  ...

Personally I reply to lots of questions people ask, sometime even being the first to reply. But 25% of the questions on this forum and the other drone forum are so basic it's quite obvious the poster has not read the manual, or even just looked through the app setting just a little. And they could have answered their own question very easy. Or just do a quick search right here on the forum and they most likely would find many older threads that ask this very same question that were answered. Just saying it's better if you could do some (just a little) research before opening up a new thread, and in this thread the question was answered by at least three others when I posted my comment. And those replies were spot on.
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules