No Image Transmission Signal - cycle on and off
759 8 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulfowler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999708 ft
Australia

[size=14.6667px]I'm a new pilot. I purchased a Phantom 4 exactly one month ago and today I'm having a problem with it. After powering up I get the status "No Image Transmission Signal", it then changes to "Safe to Fly" briefly (and I get a camera image), it then goes back to the "No Image Transmission Signal" and cycles through these two message for a while before it end on the "No Image.." message.

[size=14.6667px]I also note that the Gimbal Status is "Gimbal Disconnected".

[size=14.6667px]I've tried updating firmware but I get a "failed" message.

[size=14.6667px]Any ideas?

2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Paul, I'd suggest you to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. Also, what kind of mobile device do you use?
2016-8-18
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

@paladin
Sins last updates I have from 3 of 4 power- up times a "no image transmission" too. Before updating all was fine on that. So please, just because other's have the same, push the developer to make clean software/firmware.
The error disappears after several rebooting the airplane.
You know.. if I go out.. I like to make my flight.  Not be a genuine pig of some developer.
Thanks
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, if you want to insert a picture, please click "advanced" and then insert
2016-8-19
Use props
paulfowler
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-19 16:28
Hello Paul, I'd suggest you to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. Also, what kind of mobile d ...

I have tried to update the firmware with DJI Assistant 2, I just get "Update Failed".
I'm using an iPad Mini 4.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

paulfowler Posted at 2016-8-19 18:55
I have tried to update the firmware with DJI Assistant 2, I just get "Update Failed".
I'm using an ...

If update keeps failing, please contact support@dji.com and send it in. It is probably a hardware issue.
2016-8-19
Use props
paulfowler
lvl.2
Australia

Problem solved.  Once I refreshed the firmware it clears up the problem.  My issue was that I could not update/refresh the firmware because of some issue with the MicroSD card that I was using.  When I went back to the original one included with the Phantom 4 the option to refresh the firmware was available in dji assistant 2.  Once refreshed it now all appears to be normal. (I did use the problem  MicroSD card in another device).
2016-8-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

But I thought the P4 is not using the microSd card for the firmware? or doe sit try to write something in the sdcard after it completes?
2016-8-19
Use props
MarcoX5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196778 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had 70+ flights with no problems and this issue just popped up!  

I resolved by updating firmware and switching back to original SD card.  Man, this thing can be touchy.
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules