Start up help
598 10 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ktretter26
New

Italy

Hey everyone, i have a phantom 2 vision plus. I have about 10-15 flights under my belt. I'm on vacation in Italy and I'm having some trouble getting the drone in the air. I start up everything, flip the toggle up and down 5 times and I get the green flashing light like it's ready. When I try to start the propellers, it flashes red. A couple times I have help the drone in my hand  when I try to start it and it starts(thank god the propellers are plastic). Here are my questions:
1) is there anything I can look at that tells me the drone is ready to start? Anything on the dji app
2) is there a certain time that it takes for the drone to warm up? I'm always getting 8-1 satellites
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

You were outside when trying to arm the motors correct?
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

Yes I was outside. In a couple places it took a minute to start up. Other spots 5-8 minutes. Other spots wouldn't start. I thought if it's flashing green you're good to go
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ktretter26@aol. Posted at 2016-8-20 02:47
Yes I was outside. In a couple places it took a minute to start up. Other spots 5-8 minutes. Other s ...

Yes you should be good to go as that's what the green light means on the aircraft. You also have a green light on the RC? Try a stick calibration as the motors will not arm it could be that.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

And when you said you were flicking the switch, are you flicking the switch to record a new home point .
S1 is for compass calibration and S2 is to record the whole point
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

How do I do a stick calibration? I don't have access to a computer right now
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

I've been flicking the S1 switch. How do I set up the home switch and what benefit does that have? What's the function?
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ktretter26@aol. Posted at 2016-8-20 06:32
I've been flicking the S1 switch. How do I set up the home switch and what benefit does that have? W ...

It seems as though some information is missing, are you completing the compass calibration when you toggle the S1 switch multiple times? The home point would set itself once it established a proper GPS lock.

The red indicator light means that either you are in a no fly zone or that there is a module that needs calibrating. If you know that you are not near any airports, military bases or anything of that effect, then it is most likely the latter. You need to have access to a computer in order to calibrate the RC and IMU via the Assistant Software.
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

How do I know the home point is set? I toggle s1 up and down 5 times the turn it 360 degrees horizontally and vertically. Then I keep both s1 and s2 switches up
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

I'm def not in a no fly zone. I get all green lights flashing slowly then I try to start and I get 3 fast red flashing
2016-8-19
Use props
Ktretter26
New

Italy

There's nothing else that indicates an ok for take off other than the green lights, correct?
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules