ActiveTrack: Subject too large message constantly
931 14 2016-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanrands
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945554 ft

I used ActiveTrack in the first day or two after I got my P4. A couple days later I used it to follow my car successfully as well. However, I've tried to use it again last night (when it was getting dark) and today and I keep getting a message that the Subject is too close. I've made sure that I'm over 3m and tried it from very close to so far the subject very small on the screen and I still get the same message. I've checked the Vision Poistioning calibration (only thing I can think of) and it says everything is ok.

Any way to troubleshoot this issue?
2016-8-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Don't expect it to work well in low light conditions, it needs plenty of light to illuminate the subject, otherwise it does not work.
2016-8-19
Use props
ryanrands
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-20 10:08
Don't expect it to work well in low light conditions, it needs plenty of light to illuminate the sub ...

Thanks. That's why I tried it again today in full daylight, but I was still getting the same message.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ryanrands, it is not recommended to use this function in low light conditions. Please try it in daytime.
attention.JPG
2016-8-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

ryanrands@hotma Posted at 2016-8-20 11:08
Thanks. That's why I tried it again today in full daylight, but I was still getting the same messa ...

You are testing in daylight again so it should be ok, are you tying to track your car again? Or something different?
I have this issue sometimes, I've found if  you exit out of active track go back to normal mode for a bit, then turn active track on again, it should work, as you know distance/height is important for active track to work correctly
2016-8-19
Use props
ryanrands
lvl.1

Tried it again today. I started 12 feet up and quite a ways back. This time I got the message that the subject was too small, which is understandable. I moved in a couple feet at a time and it picked me up just fine. I played around with it quite a bit and it worked well.

Thanks for the tip, Nigel. I'll try your suggestion if I run into problems again.
2016-8-20
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

ryanrands@hotma Posted at 2016-8-21 06:38
Tried it again today. I started 12 feet up and quite a ways back. This time I got the message that t ...

Hopefully it works for you,the active track can be a bit tricky to use at times, DJI should improve/refine this mode a bit more.
2016-8-20
Use props
zach3585
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-21 10:53
Hopefully it works for you,the active track can be a bit tricky to use at times, DJI should improv ...

I too get the same message when attempting active track feature. could someone please help. I started new thread for mine but don't see it showing up under Phantom 4 section. Guess it takes a little bit?  Plenty of light and tried several times in different areas with different altitudes and distances from me only to see Can not track Subject / Can not identify subject. Thanks.
2016-8-21
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

zach3585@twc.co Posted at 2016-8-22 00:07
I too get the same message when attempting active track feature. could someone please help. I star ...

Hi, your other thread you started say's 'does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit' that was when I checked it out anyway.
You have seen the video above in post 4?
Have you stopped active track, then enter normal mode or p mode, then started active track again? it should follow you, make sure your not dressed in the same colors as the ground or background, and be at the correct distance and height.
Has it picked up a subject at all? has it showed the 'green' touch to 'go'
2016-8-21
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-22 07:53
Hi, your other thread you started say's 'does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit' tha ...

I guess it must be in audit. I don't know how it is your able to see my thread but i'm not but then again it may be under audit. all i did was add some pictures showing in ft of my iPhone attached to the controller then the messages I received (Can not track subject / Can not identify subject ).

Anyways, the light outside was great and I tried several heights and distances. Each time I entered ActiveTrack mode the camera automatically adjusted its settings accordingly. In prior times of using this feature i'd get the green rectangle like it was scanning me then i'd see the Go button and tap the screen and be on my way. Now with v2.8.7 (app) / Drone (v1.02.0503) / Controller (1.6.0) I see a blue circle with white dot. I see that the camera tilts as I move my finger on the blue circle up and down. However, I still get messages "Cannon Track Subject / Cannot identify Subject". Ive also tried going back to normal mode (p mode) and fly around then back into Active Track option. Select Active Track and it says adjusted camera settings, I get the blue circle with white dot but its a no go. I've tried heights of anywhere from 5-12 ft altitude with being 4-10 ft away and no go.
Please see photos below. I'm not sure how it can't see me hah. When I first got the P4 it would've picked me up no problem with photos attached below. Am I missing something?Thank you.

IMG_0752.jpg IMG_0755.jpg IMG_0757.jpg

2016-8-21
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1

I'll be taking my P4 with me tomorrow to work as there's a large open area to fly around and i'll try Active Track once again. I'll also take additional photos as well. Thank you.
2016-8-21
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Velocity35 Posted at 2016-8-22 09:53
I'll be taking my P4 with me tomorrow to work as there's a large open area to fly around and i'll tr ...

The first pic your to close and not high enough, the second pic maybe to close, the third pic it should work, the blue ring with white dot is to move the camera up and down using your finger on the screen,this blue comes up if you touch and hold your finger on the screen, what you have to do is touch the screen where the object is you want to track and drag your finger across or down to create a rectangle outline, once the object is outlined let go and you should then have your green coloured object with the go.
2016-8-21
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1

Ok so I took my P4 to work today and flew it during my lunch break. I was able to get the Active Track to work successfully . The only thing I can think of is that with my above pics I have no t-shirt on whereas today I wore a red t-shirt which stands out from the grass and concrete pavement. It was able to track me just fine around my entire work building without any hiccups. Once I get battery charged back up, I'll re-attempt to fly it again here at my house and see what happens but this time ill wear a shirt.  Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Happy flying!
2016-8-22
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1

Ok so it will Actively Track you without a shirt on but not as well though or at least in my experience. I went inside and put shirt on and the tracking worked much much better.
2016-8-22
Use props
calmax
lvl.3
United States

I think there is a glitch with latest DJI Go iOS app when using iPhone 6 plus.  It will keep showing subject too large message in Active Track mode.  I switched to my android Galaxy Note 8 tablet and LG G4 phone, both works well with Active Track.  
2016-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules