990 15 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user5e9196f75f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42011 ft
United States

All

I am looking for troubleshooting experience or perhaps just some reassurance in the Inspire 1 platform.  I purchased the original Phantom 1, self installed the gimbal and video transmitter and have flow that platform for years with zero issues.  My new Inspire 1 V2 has had two failures right out of the box.

I received a new Inspire 1 V2 on Monday only to discover it had a bricked TB47.  The seller replaced the battery and of course I was excited for my first flight with the Inspire.  I fully charged all the batteries, powered on the controller, powered on the Inspire, took it out of travel mode, powered down, installed the gimbal and repeated the power on process.

The controller comes on line, the Inspire boots, calibrates the gimbal and the status indcators change to green flashing.  I then started the latest version of DJI Go, connect the USB/lightning cable and I get no connection.  An hour later I have tried 4 different lightning cables, an iPhone 6, an iPad Pro and a iPhone 5s and none of them will connect.  [size=14.666666984558105px] Tried a controller reset as well.

At this point I am left to assume the USB port on the controller is bad.  

Am I missing anything?  Any suggestions?

2016-8-20
Use props
wcough
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

if not connecting to controller,,, red light on controller,,, open app into settings , go into remote controller setting ,,, look for linking remote controller in the app ,,, as it beeps, there is a small red button on right side of inspire towards the nose that must be pressed to link controller to inspire... hope thats what you need,,, or look up linking the controller

sorry if you know this and it is the cable.... did the ipad ask you for permission to "trust" this connection
2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you register with DJI in the beginning ?   Do the motors start ?
If you can  start the aircraft then you know the RC connection is good .  There is a possibility of a bad USB port .  Does your phantom work ok with the cable and go app device ?  
You may have gotten in a bit deeper if you re - set the RC.  Do you still have connection with the aircraft after resetting ?  Can you still start the motors ?
If you can start the Aircraft but have no video , the USB may be bad or the Image Transmisson module may be bad on the aircraft .  
Did you do a full RC reset or just the Video Re - set ?  

Did you purchase from a local hobby shop or was this used ?  

donnie

2016-8-21
Use props
user5e9196f75f
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-21 06:49
Did you register with DJI in the beginning ?   Do the motors start ?
If you can  start the aircraft  ...

Once everything is booted the controller does have a green light, the Inspire has a flashing green light, I can move the camera up and down with the tilt wheel so I know they are talking.  I cannot do a motor start and no matter what I do the controller will not talk to my iPhone, iPad.
2016-8-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-21 08:16
Once everything is booted the controller does have a green light, the Inspire has a flashing green ...

Lets test and see if the USB is bad, connect the RC transmitter to the I pad , go to the Go app and open the "General settings" App on the top Right hand Corner of the Go App.  Now go to the "Remote Control Settings" if you can see the "Set Master control Status " then YOU DO HAVE A GOOD USB AND CABLE

If the only thing that comes up is "Remote control settings" option with the gimbal wheel,  rc calibration, stick mode  and button customization

Then YOU HAVE A BAD USB OR CABLE  CONNECTION

The Aircraft will be OFF during this procedure

let me know

donnie

2016-8-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-21 08:16
Once everything is booted the controller does have a green light, the Inspire has a flashing green ...

Also go to the "General Settings" page on the go app and scroll to the"About " and then take a screen shot or list what versions are loaded on your system.  Make sure the entire system is on.

This of course is if the USB is working

donnie
2016-8-21
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Following                                                        
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-21 21:16

Were you able to activate your Inspire via the DJI Go app?
2016-8-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Did you get it figured out ?  if you need more help , let me know or send me an e mail

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie
2016-8-22
Use props
user5e9196f75f
lvl.1
United States

Donnie

The only settings menu I can get to is from the Me tab.  I cannot get past the "How to Connect" button on the the Equipment page within Go App.

I am running the latest iOS 9 with DJI Go App v2.8.7.  I have tried 4 different lightning cables, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

Am I missing something?

T.
2016-8-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-23 13:45
Donnie

The only settings menu I can get to is from the Me tab.  I cannot get past the "How to Con ...

T, I sent you an e mail as well.

Try and delete the Go app and Re install it.  ( On second thought , you have tried other devices with no luck)  

Have you fully charged the RC transmitter? If not please do so .  Also turn on the RC Transmitter, the Aircraft and last turn on the Go app and try again to connect. ( Be sure to power on in this order )  
***( Make sure you are IN "P" Mode when trying to get the system to initialize )  

Take a look at the back of the RC transmitter USB, do you see any loose pins ?  If you still cannot connect I think you have a bad USB and it must be sent back to the dealer for service.

Be sure to fire up in this order, make sure you open the Go App last, the I pad can be on but dont open the App till last.  
Let me know

donnie
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-24 02:45
Donnie

The only settings menu I can get to is from the Me tab.  I cannot get past the "How to Con ...

You were able to activate the aircraft, correct? Do you get any indication from your mobile device that something is connected to it, such as wanting to "trust this device" or receiving power?
2016-8-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-23 15:37
You were able to activate the aircraft, correct? Do you get any indication from your mobile device  ...

He cant get the Go App to Initialize , He can get the Screen with the Inspire picture on it but is unable to get to the Main screen. ( Only gets to the " How to Connect Oval " )  He does have limited connection to the aircraft, solid green light with AC and RC on  ( Nothing via the Go App )  

All indicators to me are that he has a bad USB port on the RC Transmitter because he cant get that first screen to come up and initialize so he can go through the System status page, ETC.  He has used several cables and other devices with the Go app.  He owns other DJI equipment so knows the basics.

Do you agree with my diagnosis of a bad USB port on the RC transmitter Jamie ?

donnie
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-24 04:47
He cant get the Go App to Initialize , He can get the Screen with the Inspire picture on it but is ...

Activation sometimes gets skipped, so it's something that should be checked just in case. If there are no other signs of the mobile recognizing something plugged into it, then it most likely is a bad USB port as you indicated.
2016-8-23
Use props
user5e9196f75f
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to all that have tried to give me a hand.  In the end, after 4 days of phone calls and emails with DJI I finally gave up and simply returned the Inspire.  For two days I followed all their troubleshooting steps and for two more days DJI technical support acknowledged that the USB port was bad and three times have told me they were sending me RMA information.  I never even received any communication today, not an email, not a phone call not an RMA.

I have been a loyal customer since the Phantom 1, installed their first gimbal for the Phantom myself and have over 3 years of trouble free flying under my belt.  I am an Osmo customer and thought I would be an Inspire 1 customer.  I am so very disappointed in their support and disappointed that my unit arrived with two DOA parts.
2016-8-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

user5e9196f75f Posted at 2016-8-23 20:45
Thanks to all that have tried to give me a hand.  In the end, after 4 days of phone calls and emails ...

Sorry man, it sucks when you get a double whammy like that.

When you get it back, let me know, you really will like it.

sorry again

donnie
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules