Who Wants Manual Mode?
842 5 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freebird
lvl.1

United States

From a discussion on FB, I thought I would put this forth here. Wouuld anyone like to have a hybrid manual mode for their I1s? I am thinking a mode that is fully manual, (ask a CP heli pilot what that is if you don't already know), except has a user adjustable angle limit up to 35 or 40 degrees in any direction to prevent flips. This would make faster flight possible for more advanced pilots that may come in handy in some situations. Tahoe Ed perhaps could chime in on the possibility of this? An optional FW update, (along with a release of liability for crashes involved with the use of said FW)...
2016-8-20
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Personally I do not see any need for a fully manual mode on the Inspire, it is a photo/video platform.  
2016-8-20
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

How many smashed drones/injuries will result from something like this? Which in turn would do DJI or ourselves no favors. I see where you're coming from but no, not for me thanks.

Mark G.
2016-8-21
Use props
Freebird
lvl.1

United States

I guess  cougar didn't read my post. For more experienced pilots, a manual mode with angle limits would make fast flying more smooth for some applications. Who ever said you never fly fast for video? lol

2016-8-22
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I did read your post, and yes have flown heli's as well (currently have 5) but still not changing my position as to the Inspire being for Photo/Video and not fast flying, and personally don't see any need for manual mode.
There is many experienced pilots on this forum.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur with markaguille, it can pose more of a safety hazard givent the strength of the tuned propulsion. Given that this is primary for smooth aerial filming and not drone racing, I do not see this as a widely used function.
2016-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules