Inspire 1......Pro FW?
1185 10 2016-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taborproduction
lvl.1

Does the Inspire one and Pro use the same FW?
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As far as the aircraft itself, yes it's the same firmware. The difference in the two .bin files lies in the data package for the camera. The Inspire 1 specific download would have the firmware for the X3 camera, while the Inspire Pro download would have the firmware for the X5. If you solely have the Inspire 1 Pro, that is the .zip file you want to download. If you also have an X3 camera, then you would use the Inspire 1 specific .zip file to solely update the camera. The aircraft data packet would be skipped during the update process if that is already updated to the latest firmware.
2016-8-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I love  DJI Jamie but I would just  say  to avoid future pain and suffering ASSUME   that they are not compatible ,  The Inspire  1  uses  certain  firmware The Pro and the Raw use different firmware as well.  ( Pro and X5 ) = pro firmware    (Pro and X5 Raw )  Raw firmware    ( Inspire 1) X3 camera uses Inspire firmware ( Not the X5 or Raw etc. )

I have seen this a hundred times, where the Pilot  who owns and Inspire 1 ( with x3 )  downloads the Inspire Pro ( with X5 )  software and has all kinds of trouble .  AND ALWAYS UPDATE THE AIRCRFT FIRST ! BEFORE THE RC IF THERE IS AN UPDATE TO BOTH SYSTEMS.

Triple check that you are using the correct version for your system.
DJI -Jamie is correct by the way, I am just saying for you and others lurking , that be sure to load the correct version for your system , and triple check it is the correct one.  It is simple to confuse them.  

donnie  

2016-8-22
Use props
taborproduction
lvl.1

I've spent the last 6 hours "chatting" with DJI. Absolutely no help. Now I must take to someone to fix it, and pay for it myself or return it AGAIN! 3rd time!
3 new drones. Not one of them worked.
They can't understand how pissed off I am. At over $4000 and 3 tries they can't get it right?
I own a few DJI things but this is the most expensive.
The only thing they offer to me is "Oh well, send it back"
2016-8-22
Use props
taborproduction
lvl.1

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-23 02:32
I love  DJI Jamie but I would just  say  to avoid future pain and suffering ASSUME   that they are n ...

This one won't exit ravel mode
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

taborproduction Posted at 2016-8-23 04:04
This one won't exit ravel mode

I do see you've created multiple threads on this issue, but have not responded to my initial inquiry. In order to better assist you, additional information would be needed. There can be multiple reasons as to why you are experiencing this issue that can be troubleshooted and resolved. Again, it would ideal to know if you incurred this issue after attempting to update firmware. Could you please elaborate as to what was your process on setting up this particular unit that led you to your current predicament?
2016-8-22
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-22 14:32
I love  DJI Jamie but I would just  say  to avoid future pain and suffering ASSUME   that they are n ...

Hey Donnie,
Could you elaborate on what you are talking about with the firmware issues.
I have an Inspire1 drone and a Zenmuse X5 camera.  Until I just read your thread I figured I was supposed to use the Pro Firmware since I fly with the X5.  Could you explain?
2016-8-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

SteadyWTF Posted at 2016-8-23 20:28
Hey Donnie,
Could you elaborate on what you are talking about with the firmware issues.
I have a ...

You are good with the Pro ( which comes with X5 Standard  )  version of firmware .  i just wanted it clear that the X5 Raw has a different version of firmware than the Pro ,  as does the Inspire  1

I guess I did not make this to clear. I did edit my post to help clarify- thanks

Just to re -iterate, you are doing it properly.

donnie
2016-8-24
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-24 06:40
You are good with the Pro ( which comes with X5 Standard  )  version of firmware .  i just wanted i ...

Thanks man.  Just trying to figure out why I'm having such a bumpy ride
2016-8-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Krankie Posted at 2016-8-24 20:51
Thanks man.  Just trying to figure out why I'm having such a bumpy ride

If I can be of any help let me know, I will try.

donnie
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-23 05:00
I do see you've created multiple threads on this issue, but have not responded to my initial inqui ...

Do you still need help?
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules