Prototype of rescue system after water crash
502 0 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alone008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22421 ft
Russia

Hi there! Sorry for some mistakes, I'm not good in english.
I used to fly a lot near the huge water spaces, and I always scared if somtheng goes wrong with my copter, and it will sink in seconds. I think most of you know that feeling.
So I looked throgh the internet for some rescue systems, but all I can find is hand made foam-rubber sticks, that made drone avaliable to land on water, but I think this things are too big for aerial shots, cause they always be in a field of view.
Another thing that I found is GETTERBACK (you can google it). But for that kind of thing, its very expensive, and some people said that sometimes it fails without reason.
At last I found some scheme of similar device, but made from cheap and simple thing you can easily found.
All you need is some floaty thing like foam-rubber ball or bottle cork (or anything else), strong enough string or sealine, something you can use as a spool (I used pencil and an inside part of photographic film reel),  effervescent tablet and a plastic tube from it (make a few holes to make water avaliable to get inside), cap from the tube (you may need 2 caps, second can be used as a stopper for tablet) and a spring (I used spring from plastic airgun toy). Also I used a little peaces of plastic and rubber to minimize pressure on tablet.
How it works: water comes inside the device, tablet dissolves and spring extrudes the buoy outside. It floats up to the surface. You only have to found the buoy and pull the drone back.
I've made a few tests on 3 meters depth and 3 kg weight and it works fine. Triggering time less than a minute. The main problem for now is the device size and flying in a wet condition (like heavy fog or clouds).
If you interested in this kind of device, I will make a tutorial video.

post-9784-0-10731600-1469361487.jpg
post-9784-0-82925100-1469361496.jpg
2016-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules