Just an idea for an alternative to FPV Goggles. (message to DJI)
941 2 2016-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charlie.canderg
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi guys.

This is an idea for the DJI Devs/managers and not for the end users.
I am also sure I am not the first person to think of this.

We all know that the transmitter/controller has HDMI output and can be used with FPV goggles to look at the almost real time feed.
(Ofcourse this is not recommended to use as the pilot but your friend could use it)
DJI will not be held responsible for any damage caused to or by the drone if it is used in the wrong way

Now here is the thing.
FPV Googles are not cheap, nor usable for a lot of other stuff.

But, today , most phones have support for 3D-viewing with a cheap Goggle-frame, basically making your mobile phone into FPV Googles.(with a limitation to only viewing 3D images/videos)

So my suggestion is to add a "view-mode" in the DJI Go-app that works with this view.
It does not and can ofcourse not be 3D but it can show the same image for both eyes , basically making your phone into FPV goggles.

This would be a simple to do solution and it would let the customers spend more money on your products instead of buying expensive FPV Goggles.
It would also give your products more value in terms of added functionality, even for already existing customers.

Best Regards
Charlie

2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is a neat suggestion. I'll pass it along to the appropriate team for further review.
2016-8-23
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

Litchi already has that option.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules