Facebook Live Android Issues on Multiple Devices.
2474 6 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnchimento
New

United States

I downloaded the new DJi Go app to my samsung galaxy note 7 and my new samsung galaxy tab E.

They just updated so facebook live would work for android.

I go through the initial settings, set it for public viewing and give the live stream a name.

i fly my drone, and all during the stream it doesnt notify me of any viewers or comments like it did on my iphone.

i end the stream and go to my facebook account TO FIND OUT:

1.The stream was never live. (Hence no viewers or comments)
2. When i ended the stream on the dji app, that is when it posted the video on my facebook wall.
3. The posted video does not have the name of the stream or description that i typed in before inside the dji go app before i began the live stream.
4. and worst of all i find out that it posted the video to my facebook wall with the privacy settings set to "Only Me" so therefore no one would have been able to see me streaming from the beginning at all.

I have checked facebook settings i can not figure out what the heck is going on here.

why on earth would DJI update the app for android and then have it not even work the way its supposed to.

This has been tested on both devices. same result on each. any other android users have the same results?

2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hello johnchimento, could you please try to reinstall the DJI GO APP first.
If no help,please provide below information :
1.DJI GO APP version
2.Android system version
3.Screenshot of facebook live
I will escalate it for you.
2016-8-25
Use props
userbb30dfa7a2
New

I have the same issue. Have a note 5. But when I'm live it will post on my wall.only problem is that I can see when people talk to me while I'm live.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans0335e64c
New

United States

I'm having this issue with DJI GO 4 on iOS. Happens on both my ipad and iphone. Everything looks fine from inside the GO app, but the stream shows up on my wall afterward and shows the privacy set to 'Only Me'. Anybody figure this one out yet? I'm going to remove and reinstall the DJI and Facebook apps and see if that helps.
2016-12-25
Use props
Sienar
New

United States

Actually, I figured it out. Reinstalling the apps had no effect. The culprit was the Facebook - "App Settings", the settings for 3rd party app API access. The DJI GO app was set to 'Only Me' there. Here's the exact setting name and description:

App visibility and post audience - This setting controls who on Facebook can see that you use this app. It also allows you to choose the audience for posts the app makes on your behalf.

So with this set to Public, it basically lets the app set whatever audience you want from within the app. Check out the picture I attached.

FB Settings

FB Settings
2016-12-25
Use props
fansba4439fd
New

United States

Did that also allow you to receive comment notifications whilst flying?
2017-1-5
Use props
Hfarmer66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5614 ft
United States

Sienar Posted at 2016-12-25 09:52
Actually, I figured it out. Reinstalling the apps had no effect. The culprit was the Facebook - "App Settings", the settings for 3rd party app API access. The DJI GO app was set to 'Only Me' there. Here's the exact setting name and description:

App visibility and post audience - This setting controls who on Facebook can see that you use this app. It also allows you to choose the audience for posts the app makes on your behalf.

Thanks for your post, I setup mine it's working now
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules