Follow me on Inspire 1 with Nexus 5X?
1094 10 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wfredette
lvl.1

United States

I decided to try Follow Me mode today, and used my Nexus 5X with the Android version of DJI Go. I had to use the phone because my iPad Mini does not have GPS. I had location services active on the phone, and was able to enter Follow Me mode from the app, but the Inspire would not track me. Anyone else have the same phone? Is there something else I need to set on the phone or in the DJI Go app? Thanks in advance.
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

How high up and far away was the drone from the RC? Were you receiving any error messages in the DJI Go app?
2016-8-28
Use props
wfredette
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 07:30
How high up and far away was the drone from the RC? Were you receiving any error messages in the DJI ...

The Inspire was about 100' up and maybe 50' laterally distant from the RC. No error messages except the initial one asking me to increase altitude. When I engaged the Follow Me mode, the Inspire just hovered. So, I assume there is some problem with my Nexus communicating with the RC/Inspire. I'm hoping it's a setting on the phone I am missing.
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wfredette Posted at 2016-8-29 07:45
The Inspire was about 100' up and maybe 50' laterally distant from the RC. No error messages excep ...

Did you ensure that GPS was enabled on your device?
2016-8-28
Use props
wfredette
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-28 22:30
Did you ensure that GPS was enabled on your device?

GPS was enabled ("Location" services enabled). I'm wondering if there is something else I need to do to make the phone's GPS data available to the RC. I will try again this evening, and see if changing the type of USB connection (e.g., "charging only," "file transfer," etc.) that is selected when the phone is plugged into the RC makes a difference.
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

wfredette Posted at 2016-8-29 06:49
GPS was enabled ("Location" services enabled). I'm wondering if there is something else I need to  ...

After  navigating to the " F Mode "  then to the " Follow me mode"  :

Get penty of altutude for your fligh path - Make sure you are tapping the "Apply " in the black dialogue box  and also dont  close the Small black dialogue box be sure to just "hide it "   *** dont let the Battery get low or it will engage the" Hover" or"Return to home"  setting, I always turn  mine to "Hover", I do not want it to retun to home if I am 1/2 mile away.  You can change it from  ' Hover' or 'Return to Home' , I prefer the Hover .  

When you are trying to initialize  the" F mode" and the "Follow Mode" , make sure you are not getting any "weak " Gps signal warnings on the main screen of the Go App.  So be sure your tranmitter and Go app device can see the sky clearly.

Hope this helps

donnie

2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wfredette Posted at 2016-8-29 19:49
GPS was enabled ("Location" services enabled). I'm wondering if there is something else I need to  ...

Do you see any error messages when you enable Follow Me mode, like the ones Donnie indicated?
2016-8-29
Use props
wfredette
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 11:44
Do you see any error messages when you enable Follow Me mode, like the ones Donnie indicated?

The first time I tried, I did see the "weak GPS" message, but that went away and I didn't see it on subsequent attempts. I will try walking through the steps again this evening to see if I have different luck. I'd like to be able to get this to work through the DJI Go app, because, while I have Autopilot, I find that app a bit cumbersome to use - especially with the switching back and forth between apps that it entails.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wfredette Posted at 2016-8-30 03:45
The first time I tried, I did see the "weak GPS" message, but that went away and I didn't see it o ...

Have you tried using Follow Me without Autopilot in the background?
2016-8-29
Use props
wfredette
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-30 04:15
Have you tried using Follow Me without Autopilot in the background?

Yes, I should have been more clear. I have Autopilot, but it was not running when I was trying Follow Me in the DJI Go app.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wfredette Posted at 2016-8-30 07:05
Yes, I should have been more clear. I have Autopilot, but it was not running when I was trying Fol ...

Are you able to perform dynamic home point based on your current location? Were you ever able to get Follow Me before?
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules