PHANTOM 1.1.1
3821 10 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Whats up guys i was woundering why DJI hasent done a firm wear update for safe flying on the DJI PHANTOM 1.1.1 anyone know..........THANKS and HAPPY FLYING
2015-1-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Just guessing but I suspect it has something to do with the way update are done on the basic Phantoms.  It uses the NAZAM Assistant software whereas the Phantom 2 series uses the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software.
2015-1-31
Use props
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
United States

gil Posted at 2015-2-1 12:24
Just guessing but I suspect it has something to do with the way update are done on the basic Phantom ...

gottcha thanks
2015-2-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would they update it?
I've been flying mine for a year - maybe 4 compass calibrations in that time and no updates and not even hooking it to the computer. I think it's a case of two things...

1. The software being near perfect for the simple machine (no smart battery, cams, app and all that stuff)
2. All resources being put into future products and current big sellers

Remember, DJI somewhat discontinued the P1 and FC40 (they said so!) although now it looks like demand may have enticed them to make another production run of the P1 (it showed back up on their site after being gone).

But the existing FW is rock solid......the thing just keeps on ticking.
2015-2-2
Use props
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
United States

i agree what firmware are you running
2015-2-4
Use props
nig_smith.o2
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yes I believe the last firmware update they did for the Naza M controllers is the most stable out of all the subsequent updates they have done for the P2 and the visions. If they were to add no fly zones to the Naza M controller they would need to add something else very special to convince current users to update the firmware.

Regards

Nidge
2015-2-4
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

I love my 1.1.1 no firmware needed! Just more batteries
2015-3-6
Use props
Edhomes
New

Canada

tucknrotor@hotm Posted at 2015-3-7 10:41
I love my 1.1.1 no firmware needed! Just more batteries

I do need to up date firmware before I use it, right?  Any other tips for first time newbie????  Looking forward to flying it.
2015-5-9
Use props
emjayef
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-2-2 22:25
Why would they update it?
I've been flying mine for a year - maybe 4 compass calibrations in that ti ...

From all the pleas for help in this forum, I would have to say the firmware is anything but perfect.  Seems like there are a lot of crashes for everything being fine.  I've had a number of them that I still cannot explain.  Seems to me that it loses calibration easily and that's what causes the crashes.  You claim you haven't had to recalibrate very often at all.  You're lucky.  I've had to do it at least a dozen times in the month or so that I've had mine.  I would love to see an update.
2015-5-15
Use props
Edhomes
New

Canada

emjayef@yahoo.c Posted at 2015-5-16 08:50
From all the pleas for help in this forum, I would have to say the firmware is anything but perfec ...

Are you using fully charged batteries in the controller???  I took mine out of the box and flew with out up date just compass calibration just fine.  I am a newbie..
2015-5-17
Use props
emjayef
lvl.1

United States

Edhomes Posted at 2015-5-18 01:38
Are you using fully charged batteries in the controller???  I took mine out of the box and flew wi ...

Oh yes, all batteries are fully charged.  I suspected the compass acting up but when it crashes the LED shows all is well.  Then it hits the trees.  Even if the controller batteries go bad, it should go into failsafe mode and return home.  Even started up the motors one time and they ran slower than normal.  When I tried to speed them up to take off, the drone turned turtle and flipped over.  Once again I had to recalibrate everything and then it ran fine.   
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules