Dealing with DJI Service
1259 5 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6667px]Hello
[size=14.6667px]Here is my story - I flew drones for quiet some time - Over 500 fligths with P3P and P4.
[size=14.6667px]Recently I was flying my P4 using Litchi App. I checked P4 for any abnormalities- Scratches, Cracks or mechanical defects. Checking props for mechanical damages and if they are locked properly. Check security of the installed battery. I turned on aircraft, controler - Calibrated and waited for LED green Light. Everything seems to be normal. After initial check up, I started engines and recording camera. Took off and hoovered at 2feet. At that point P4 moved rapidly backwards and up - hitting trees behind me. I was trying to get controll of the aircraft pushing sticks forward to avoid trees. Unvortunately I was not able to do it. P4 flew into branches at that moment I was afraid it will fall into the water below. I was able to regaing control pushing aircraft awaly from trees and up. At that moment I brought P4 down for save landing. From that moment on my camera - gimble is trying to reset to horizontal position by swinging up and down.
[size=14.6667px]

https://youtu.be/oEvBALhrutQ

[size=14.6667px]I gave DJI all information and data with video and pictures. I've saved everything into my DropBox account and send them links. Unfortunately since I was using Litchi they approached this as non warranty issue. Their response was following:
[size=14.6667px]

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Based on the advised from our Service team, since you used Litchi - a 3rd party application, there is no way we can pull up flight record and it is non-warranty. You have an option to send the unit in for repair, it this is not a fly away case and you retrieved your drone. This is for us to diagnose and repair the unit.

Please let us know. We will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Jenny

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

I was waiting for their response.
[size=14.6667px]Today I received email from support center with an invoice attached:
[size=14.6667px]

Quote Date:

08-30-16

Remarks:Pilot admits crashing craft

Item

Quantity

Unit Price(USD)

Total Price(USD)

Phantom 4 Roll motor 1 12.00

Phantom4 right landing gear component 1 10.00

Phantom 4 gimbal Yaw-shaft & Roll-shaft ESC board 1 8.00

Phantom 4 Roll-shaft rear cover 1 2.00

Phantom 4 Roll-shaft bracket 1 6.00

Phantom4 left landing gear component 1 10.00

Service Charge 2 70.00/H 140.00

Freight:0.00

Total Amount:188.00

Discount:-0

DJI Care deduction:0.00

Total Payment:188.00

[size=14.6667px]I never admitted crashing P4. I was very clear right from beginning it was a case of fly-away.

[size=14.6667px]I've send them email that if they don't correct problem - similar situation will occur again. I am quiet disappointing with whole service so far. I provided all data and other information as asked and they still don't admit - problem exist with this aircraft.
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]

2016-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.Could you please provide your case number?
2016-8-29
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

Here you are CAS-231263-T1Z8H9

Thank you
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

niktnowy Posted at 2016-8-30 18:49
Here you are CAS-231263-T1Z8H9

Thank you

Thanks for your feedback.We will help to look into it.
2016-8-30
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

How is this case going? I had a similar issue one time but no damage other than props. Scary when these aircrafts don't respond to commands at times. Even scarier dealing with DJI support. Very hit or miss. Best of luck to you.
2016-8-31
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

I've got an email today stating

. Repairs cannot begin until the invoice is paid. This will not be a warranty repair unfortunately, a 3rd party app was used during this flight, which is not covered under warranty.

I was using Litchi at that time - Nowhere in DJI warranty information I  was able to find that using third party app will void warranty. I am prepared to take some other actions just for the principle of the issue. I am right now in touch with Litchi App interesting in their view of the problem.  Seriously  DJI, I am very disappointed.  You have received all data to check but blaming  Litchi for crash is very shameful.  I will post their answers and process all over different forums so users of Litchi app be aware of possible outcome and DJI service.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules