DISCONNECTED from Android 6.0.1
3753 13 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quaresma
New

Portugal

The latest DJI Phantom 4 firmware upgrade (July/August 2016) is NOT compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android 6.0.1 and doesn't let the DJI GO app 2.8.4 connect with the drone's camera!
Somewhere in the versions V1.6.0 (Remote Control) or V01.02.0503 (Aircraft) there is a bug that triggers the message "Aircraft Disconnected" and doesn't allow me to enter the DJI GO app. I have tried another tablet with Android 4.4.4 and all works fine.
I went to the shop and they told me they will send the all package to Spain to downgrade the firmware but I think this is a bad option and DJI will never fix this problem, and I will have, probably, to buy another tablet.
I have updated the firmware because I had to do it when I entered DJI GO app.
If they downgrade it now, the message to upgrade will come again and the problem will continue! Disconnected or Not compatible with Android 6.0.1! That's why I consider this to be a bad option.
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If downgraded makes the app work then downgrade and don't update when it says to.
The Samsung Tab A is not on the DJI recommended list.
What you can try is when you plug the USB in and power up the RC, swipe down on your tab and change USB for Charging to one of the other options and then the app may start.
2016-8-31
Use props
Quaresma
New

Portugal

In fact my Samsung Tab A worked fine till the day I updated the firmware as recommended by the DJI GO app. Some tricks might help, I don't know. One thing I recommend DJI: Please create a new firmware to eliminate the problem with Android 6.0.1! Thanks.
2016-8-31
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Quaresma Posted at 2016-8-31 19:12
In fact my Samsung Tab A worked fine till the day I updated the firmware as recommended by the DJI G ...

Yes I couldn't agree more. I had the exact same problem. I asked the question on here and one person told me to start the drone first then the controller and then plug the tablet in and start the tablet. Not just hit the power button and bring it back from sleep mode, I mean completely start your tablet from being off. As soon as I did this it fired right up and runs great.
2016-9-1
Use props
Quaresma
New

Portugal

killerkustums Posted at 2016-9-1 13:28
Yes I couldn't agree more. I had the exact same problem. I asked the question on here and one pers ...

No way, Josay! I've tried (that little help from my friends) and a lot of member's suggestions, like: try another battery; change the cable; start the tablet first, then the remote control, then the aircraft and finally connect the tablet; try another tablet... try a little prayer, first!
Only one suggestion was almost correct: Try another tablet! And I said: My tablet worked fine till the day I loaded a new firmware. Then I tried my tablet in another phantom4 drone and the result was the same: Disconnected. And then I've tried another tablet (android 4.4.4) with my drone, and it worked well. So the only possible conclusion was to blame the new firmware loaded in the beginning of August.
This was already confirmed by a DJI representative in Portugal and the drone was already sent to Spain to downgrade the firmware. Now, I'm just waiting for the results and praying or else, I have to buy another tablet with another operating system.
2016-9-2
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

its a known fact that the android go app is not yet 100% 6.x compatible

hit or miss

anytime now folks?????????

If cant keep up with the current AOS, perhaps you should just drop android support?

Dont seem to have these issues with 9.3.5 IOS
Do yourself a big favor and drop 20 bones on DJI-Ultimate Flight, only time I use go for anymore is upgrade/calibration
2016-9-2
Use props
suardo45
New

Portugal

I have the same problem in connection with Galaxy Tab S2 Android 6.0.1 . someone I can help?

2016-9-3
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

suardo45 Posted at 2016-9-3 08:31
I have the same problem in connection with Galaxy Tab S2 Android 6.0.1 . someone I can help?

I assume your application defaults for dji-go or any other app like litchi are cleared.......

goto settings, about device

repeatedly tap on build number until developer options are enabled.

goto developer options and verify:
1. USB debugging is OFF
2. USB config is RNDIS

reboot

my tab S2 works like a champ.....
2016-9-3
Use props
suardo45
New

Portugal

is there any sequence to connect with the P3 ? It turns out that not always can not connect ... I see that when you turn the command ( rc ) the application of DJI conflicts . a window appears and the USB is in transferring multimedia images and can not connect to the P3 . sometimes turn off all ... I turn on the Tablet after the P3 and then the RC and choose the USB option to load and sometimes P3 connects . what's going on here? I see many with the same problem.
2016-9-4
Use props
mart.kask
lvl.3
Flight distance : 516237 ft

I had simiral problem, that my tablet didnt connect to drone/RC(It started to charge, but didnt connect). What i do is power everything on and after i power on RC, i connect the usb cable to the remote.
2016-9-4
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-2 16:04
its a known fact that the android go app is not yet 100% 6.x compatible

hit or miss

unsure where you are getting your android info.

I have 3 android 6.x tablets /phones and have been updated since day one and have ZERO issues..

I do NOT use Samsung though....
Mine are  Motorola Pure android phones and a Nvidea shield K1.

All wok now and never have failed to work-
-ANDROID is not the issue!

you will read as many folks with Mac/ IOS issues as android....

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-9-4
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Changed USB mode to RNDIS (debugging already off). Shut down and started up. RNDIS mode doesn't stick.
2016-9-25
Use props
kyriakos
lvl.1
United States

I have the similar problem.
My tablet is Google Nexus 7 and I hadn't any problem before I upgraded to Android 6.0.1.
Yesterday, at my first flight of the day, worked fine.
During the second flight, started normally and at the middle of the flight, the device disconnected.
I tried my smart phone without success.
I tried to solve the problem and rebooted my tablet, without success.
I was lucky.  
The joystick worked fine and with visual approach I landed the drone!
This is the third time that I had this problem.

2017-1-23
Use props
powerbam
New

Brazil

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-3 08:46
I assume your application defaults for dji-go or any other app like litchi are cleared.......

goto settings, about device

This steps work for me, I have a Samsung Tab A that was updated to 6.0.1 and didnt worked anymore...

Every time that i connect at Phantom 4 i have to change my properties about USB Debugging and USB Config and in sequence i reconnect the usb cable of drone.

Thanks for solution !!
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules