Phantom 3 Part #97 2.4G Antenna
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

What can someone tell me about these antenna?
2016-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you want too hear ?

Antennas for Phantom 3 Standard ?
2016-9-3
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-4 00:18
What do you want too hear ?

Antennas for Phantom 3 Standard ?

They seem to be different that what comes on the standard. My antenna's just end in a wire, does not have that square block on the end.
phantom_3_standard_2.4g_antenna_part_97.jpg
2016-9-3
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-9-3 13:36
They seem to be different that what comes on the standard. My antenna's just end in a wire, does no ...

If your talking about the Standard, yes you do. Look inside the battery compartment, there's one on the left and one on the right side.
2016-9-3
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-4 10:11
If your talking about the Standard, yes you do. Look inside the battery compartment, there's one o ...

So what are the wires that go up the landing gear? I know one is the compass but what are the other two for, the connect to the main board and go out and down the legs, one on each side.

2016-9-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Don't forget that on the P3 Standard (like the P2 V+) you have two sets of antenna, one for 2.4ghz Wi-Fi and one for 5.8ghz Transmitter.
One set is in the battery compartment and the other tied to the landing gear.
2016-9-4
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-9-4 09:43
So what are the wires that go up the landing gear? I know one is the compass but what are the othe ...

The 5.8ghz receiver antenna for RC control.
2016-9-4
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-9-4 22:39
Don't forget that on the P3 Standard (like the P2 V+) you have two sets of antenna, one for 2.4ghz W ...

I get it, thanks
2016-9-4
Use props
Craig23
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-9-4 06:39
Don't forget that on the P3 Standard (like the P2 V+) you have two sets of antenna, one for 2.4ghz Wi-Fi and one for 5.8ghz Transmitter.
One set is in the battery compartment and the other tied to the landing gear.

Can anyone tell me what the 2.4 ghz antennae do?  I pulled the gray wire out of the connecter when I crashed yesterday, but the Phantom still works with the controller, and is still sending live video to my smartphone through the DJI Go app.  The only difference I've noticed is that the camera starts off tilted every time now until I calibrate the gimbal.
2016-12-27
Use props
Jimharvey1
lvl.1

United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-9-3 09:36
They seem to be different that what comes on the standard. My antenna's just end in a wire, does not have that square block on the end.

The reason they just end in a bare ended wire is apparently (like my drone) it crashed and the entire camera and gimbal assembly was ripped off the drone tearing the wires out of the gold connectors where they attach to the controller board at the top of the gimbal.  If you were to remove those two little covers (held o by 2 screws each) you will find the missing gold connectors still attached to the pins on the board.  Hopefully the plug on the ribbon cable pulled out of the connector without tearing those wires as well.

If anyone knows where I can find a pair of these little gems, let me know.  They seem to be harder than hen's teeth to locate.
2021-12-8
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Depends where you are jimharvey and what exactly you are after? The gold connectors, the antennae wires???
2021-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Jimharvey1 Posted at 12-8 16:33
The reason they just end in a bare ended wire is apparently (like my drone) it crashed and the entire camera and gimbal assembly was ripped off the drone tearing the wires out of the gold connectors where they attach to the controller board at the top of the gimbal.  If you were to remove those two little covers (held o by 2 screws each) you will find the missing gold connectors still attached to the pins on the board.  Hopefully the plug on the ribbon cable pulled out of the connector without tearing those wires as well.

If anyone knows where I can find a pair of these little gems, let me know.  They seem to be harder than hen's teeth to locate.

You might consider this an opportunity to upgrade to better antennas.  I would consider these - I actually have these installed on my P2V and they work great:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4015735 ... befc7071e79b9bb7efd

You'd need a pig tail cable and you must be sure the connector matches the one on the antenna.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1634340 ... Ctkp%3ABFBM5unYhbRf

Push one end into the applicable board and the other end you'd install to a leg by drilling a hole near the top of one of the legs.  Fasten it with the nuts and lock washers and torque it down real tight with two 8 mm wrenches.  Thread in the diamond antenna so that it extends out on the side.  Tighten it down so it's perfect.  Bend it into position.  

They are already slightly directional, but you can easily hack them, making them more directional to give you more FPV distance.

Make sure you get one with a BLACK cable because it is stiff and you can bend it just like you want it and it'll stay in position.  That gold cable is flexible, is not stiff, and won't work for your needs.

If your heart is set on replacing the stock antennas exactly, you might find a crashed drone and message the seller to get him to sell you the antennas you want.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... +standard&_osacat=0

A phantom 2 vision+ patch antenna might fit into a P3S too - not sure.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... +antennas&_osacat=0

A Phantom Vision camera - the FC200 - has patch antennas in them which you can cannibalize.  Not sure if they're the physical size you need though.

OEM DJI Phantom 2 Vision Camera Fc200 AS IS FOR PARTS OR REPAIR | eBay

Controllers for the P3S also have these patch antennas hidden inside.  The P2 Range Extenders have them too.  

Good luck

2021-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules