maps
799 4 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sundowner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97549 ft
United States

How do I store a map of an area that I'm going to fly at ? I have an Invidia Shield K1. I'm going to be flying where there is no cell or wi-fi reception. Phantom 4
2016-9-5
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

enable map caching in the app, then pinch and zoom map in the area you want to fly while you have wifi or cell reception
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Sundowner, the maps you see displayed on the screen come from the Internet, so the device you have attached to the RC unit must have an Internet connection to load the maps. Alternately, if it is an iOS device and only has WiFi, then you need to cache the maps before you fly. This procedure is covered here:http://forum.dji.com/thread-47815-1-1.html
2016-9-5
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-6 13:15
Hello Sundowner, the maps you see displayed on the screen come from the Internet, so the device you  ...

"Alternately, if it is an iOS device and only has WiFi, then you need to cache the maps before you fly. "

Whether it is an iOS device or not is irrelevant (and the OP's tablet is Android).
Any tablet needs internet access to download maps.
If you don't have internet out in the field it's a simple matter to cache the maps beforehand.
And if you forget to, it's not important for 99% of flights anyway.
2016-9-5
Use props
Sundowner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97549 ft
United States

sorry for getting back to you guys so late. thanks for the replies. I've had a mini stroke Aug 31 that messed with my eye sight
and been dealing with doctors . everything looks good and no permanent damage. now to get those maps and give it a try.   Thanks Again
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules