Litchi vs Go What's missing ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I have a P3 standard and I've been considering getting the alitch app too.
Yes I know you can do pre programmed missions with Litchi but I don't want to lose too many features of Go.
I've heard you have to do your compass calibration in Go and then close it and fire up Litchi.

Does it aleart you to the fact your battery has just enought juice left to get you home ?
Does it have the compass dial so you aim home if you can't see your bird.
Just what data/features does Go have that is missing from Litchi?
2016-9-6
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

I use both apps but unless I am updating firmware or calibrating the sensors, I use Litchi more than DJI Go... Maybe 4 out of 5 times.

A couple of things I like about Litchi that are not available in DJI Go:

1. Pre-planning missions - I can create, save and sync my missions using a PC or tablet with the aircraft safely powered off and conserving battery. DJI Go requires you to actually fly to your waypoints to record them. DJI meant it to be a safe method in creating waypoints. I agree that they mean well, but I still decided to pre-plan my missions so I can get the results I want in one or two takes and without running down my batteries. Anyway, I tripple check everything after creating the mission and prior to the actual flight
2. Voice prompts - Among other spoken warnings or cautions, you can configure Litchi to regularly call out the aircraft's current speed. distance, altitude, and the battery's state of charge. Less squinting on your mobile device to look at telemetry

A few advantages DJI Go has over Litchi:

1. Flight Data Recorder - The FDR is particularly essential when claiming warranty during a fly-away condition, among others. In a more casual usage, it allows you to playback your previous flights
2. Updating firmware - Self-explanatory. It's probably a good idea for Litchi (or any 3rd-party app) NOT to touch the firmware
3. Sensor calibrations - IMU, compass, EXP, stick, etc.

Both apps are essential to me. My choice about which app to use depends on a particular outcome I need.
2016-9-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I've heard you have to do your compass calibration in Go and then close it and fire up Litchi."

You need to talk to a few more people.
You don't need to calibrate your compass every flight and can safely go a long time without recalibrating the compass.
2016-9-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I have both the Go app and Litchi and I don't use Litchi. It does not offer me anything I need, and the off-line planning of missions is vastly over-rated in my opinion.
2016-9-6
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

Downloaded litchi 3 days ago for the first time. And yes, calibration works in GO. Btw there is a button in litchi "compass calibration" but it doesn't work. In my opinion GO app looks more friendly and professional manufactured.
2016-9-7
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

I use both the Go app and Litchi.  If you dig into the manual and really utilize Litchi it kicks the Go app's butt every time.  It's a very useful tool and you can get great, professional-level results from it.

That said, yes, for anything calibration-related, updates, etc, I use the Go app.  In fact, I usually get the drone up in the air with the Go app and just switch to the Litchi app on my iPad.  I don't even need to stop the Go app.  In fact, having it there in the background in case I need it might be a good thing if needed quickly.

Hope this helps.  Here's the link to the Litchi manual:
https://flylitchi.com/help

Regards,

DC
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swarm Posted at 2016-9-8 00:46
I use both the Go app and Litchi.  If you dig into the manual and really utilize Litchi it kicks the ...

There's been crashes due to both apps running at the same time. My advice is whichever one you use, completely shut down the other.
2016-9-7
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 13:05
There's been crashes due to both apps running at the same time. My advice is whichever one you use ...

Ok, thanks Ken.  I was not aware of that.  Great advice, thanks. :-)
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swarm Posted at 2016-9-8 03:04
Ok, thanks Ken.  I was not aware of that.  Great advice, thanks. :-)

No problem, just trying to keep you from having an accident if there was a conflict.
2016-9-7
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am able to calibrate the compass in the Litchi app. I have the litchi app on my Samsung phone so I can fly in VR, and the GO app on my tablet. When I am unable to fly using the GO app for whatever reason I can always fly using Litchi.
2016-9-7
Use props
amarok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879 ft
Hungary

Litchi's VR mode is fabulous. Everybody must check it out.
It also does compass calibration decently.

You should be aware not to fire up both GO and Litchi as the apps are conflicting and you get a disconnected message from both.

I usually have both apps frozen and only unfreeze one when I fly.

2016-9-10
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

amarok Posted at 2016-9-10 07:47
Litchi's VR mode is fabulous. Everybody must check it out.
It also does compass calibration decentl ...

Indeed, the FPS mode with goggles (I use the HeadPlay goggles) cannot be beat.  Aside from being totally immersive, it makes for much safer flying because there is no chance of getting any glare from the sun.  It also makes you feel like you are up there with the drone.  You have to be sure you have something to sit down on though, otherwise you might get a vertigo feeling.  And its important to make sure your mobile device has plenty of battery and is connected of course, because if your FPS goggles stop working they will likely go black, as the case with my gear.

But yes, Litchi has a ton to offer that the Go does not.  That said, the Go app is the "Go-to" (pun intended!) for all things calibration, etc.

Regards,

DC
2016-9-10
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

Taiwan

Swarm Posted at 2016-9-10 04:17
Indeed, the FPS mode with goggles (I use the HeadPlay goggles) cannot be beat.  Aside from being totally immersive, it makes for much safer flying because there is no chance of getting any glare from the sun.  It also makes you feel like you are up there with the drone.  You have to be sure you have something to sit down on though, otherwise you might get a vertigo feeling.  And its important to make sure your mobile device has plenty of battery and is connected of course, because if your FPS goggles stop working they will likely go black, as the case with my gear.

But yes, Litchi has a ton to offer that the Go does not.  That said, the Go app is the "Go-to" (pun intended!) for all things calibration, etc.

I just bought one of those cheap VR goggles that you slide your iPhone in online - will the camera on the Phantom 4 react to gyroscopic movements with the phone?
2017-1-6
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Psy Posted at 2017-1-6 22:20
I just bought one of those cheap VR goggles that you slide your iPhone in online - will the camera on the Phantom 4 react to gyroscopic movements with the phone?

I used to have the same VR goggles.  Ultimately, the user experience is very bad compared to the goggles I have now.  Yes, the drone will react to your head movements but you'll find that you cannot fly smoothly and it also creates a level of danger because you are not controlling the drone as well as you can by using your hands.
2017-1-13
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

Singapore

Swarm Posted at 2017-1-13 22:10
I used to have the same VR goggles.  Ultimately, the user experience is very bad compared to the goggles I have now.  Yes, the drone will react to your head movements but you'll find that you cannot fly smoothly and it also creates a level of danger because you are not controlling the drone as well as you can by using your hands.

what goggles do you have now?
2017-1-15
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Psy Posted at 2017-1-15 19:03

Lots of folks use Headplays. I use Avegant Glyph's. Bought and returned Yuneec Skyviews, they may work for you but my old eyes couldn't handle the focal length. I also couldn't stand the way they sat on the bridge of my nose.
2017-1-15
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

United States

CCrew Posted at 2017-1-15 19:21
Lots of folks use Headplays. I use Avegant Glyph's. Bought and returned Yuneec Skyviews, they may work for you but my old eyes couldn't handle the focal length. I also couldn't stand the way they sat on the bridge of my nose.

Unfortunately it looks like none of these will work with the mavic though? I tried Litchi + VR goggles(phone) but it wasn't the best experience...
2017-1-16
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Psy Posted at 2017-1-15 19:03

I use the HeadPlay goggles.
2017-1-16
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Swarm Posted at 2017-1-16 11:39
I use the HeadPlay goggles.

I think ultimately people will use the smaller goggles that are more like glasses. I think the convenience of peaking over or under them will aid in preserving the LOS requirement. I wonder what people think of the DJI goggles, or did they ever release them?
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules