Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0 LTE, SM-T719) is incompatible with Phantom 4
2189 3 2016-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
netzritter
New

Germany

Hello,

I have to plug in the USB-cable into the Galaxy S2 or the remote control between 30 and 50 times in order to link each other (yes, you read it right - 30 to 50 times plugging in and out to become the "camera" button in the DJI Go App blue). There are no issues with an Sony Experia or an old venerable Google Nexus 7 tablet.

Nevertheless updating the Android OS, the Phantom 4 remote controls firmware and the firmware of the Phantom 4 itself - nothing has changed. The Galaxy Tab S2 is plain and simple incompatible with the DJI Phantom 4.

My advice: If you even though consider to buy the combo P4 with Galaxy S2 (SM-T719), you should obtain it from the same dealer. In case you face the same problems, you can face the dealer with the issue. Otherwise one (P4 dealer) will blame the other (S2 dealer) and vice versa.

Unlikely somebody else has faced the same issue, but if so and he even solved it: How?????????????????????????

Best regards,

N.
2016-9-7
Use props
gmperroth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73238 ft

I have the same problem this has ruined my phantom experience my phantom works great with my cell phone
2016-9-7
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

Im running a samsung sm-T710 tab s2(wifi only) AOS 6.0.1 without any issues now using dji-go and dji ultimate flight with the following settings.

goto settings:about device

repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked

goto settings:developer options and set/verify the following options
1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP......
3. set device to 'airplane mode'

Its certainly worth a try however, if this doesnt work for you it is likely due to a hardware incompatibility with your LTE devices

2016-9-7
Use props
fans1fd5c31b
New

Thailand

I got the same issue. Please try on this
"ts a Samsung software issue. To activate the camera on the tablet,  1.        Turn on drone 2.        Turn on rc  3.        Plug in rc to tablet THEN 4.        Power up the tablet from scratch That’s the only time when the tablet will recognise the drone camera " it's work fine for me every time.
The commet frome mike, who post on this forum http://forum.dji.com/thread-56256-3-1.html
Thank
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules