1407 8 2016-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filmalaska
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123225 ft
United States

Hi Folks,
I've tried doing the firmware update about 30 times. DJI Go app says "firmware update required". This is a brand new P4. I was able to download the firmware. But on my iPad Air 2 using the DJI Go app every time it says failure to update. I've tried different batteries, different SD cards, bought an OEM Apple cable. I am attempting the update exactly per the instructions. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Filmalaska,have you tried to restart the aircraft to upgrade again? which percentage it failed at? Please check the led status on gimbal, it is green or not?
Please try to upgrade it with assistant 2 on your PC:

2016-9-7
Use props
filmalaska
lvl.2
United States

Hi Natalia,
Thanks for the feedback. When I connect my iPad to the P4 and open the Go app it says "firmware update download" and the "Start Update". First it says 100% for 2 seconds and then 0% and no progress on the bar. After 10 seconds it says Update Failed.
I'll try it tomorrow on the pc with Assistant.
2016-9-7
Use props
groovyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11198 ft
United States

I'm also having issues:
I'm struggling to upgrade my firmware from v1.1.411 as I keep getting "Updated failed" error.
I've deleted the DJI app from my iPhone and reinstalled, which re-downloaded the firmware to the phone.
I then connected phone to my P4 and attempted the upgrade. It stays at 0% for around 10-15 seconds then I get "Update failed" error message.
I uploaded the update logs to DJI (automatically via the app) and awaiting an email (so it states I will get).

I've tried installing the DJI Assistant on my Mac but the application doesn't see my P4 when connected.
However... my Mac *does* see the P4's SD card in Finder and in the Photos application - and I can browse the contents.
I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the DJI Assistant application to my Mac but still no luck with that either.

Advice very much welcome!
Thanks.
2016-9-8
Use props
Ken448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1024852 ft
United States

Im having the exact issue as well.  
2 PCs failed
iPad Mini 2 Failed
iPhone 6 Failed

All it will do is cycle the connection on and off on either of the 2 PSc.  The Apple products sit for about 10 seconds and fail.  
Ive deleted apps and reloaded, deleted device memory form PC and allowed it to re-load..  

DJI wants me to send the bird in to them..  (to me, this kiind of sucks since I a,  Cant update my new $1200 UAV and b.  Will go without it for at least 3 weeks!?! )
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

groovyf Posted at 2016-9-8 17:31
I'm also having issues:
I'm struggling to upgrade my firmware from v1.1.411 as I keep getting "Updat ...

Hello Groovyf, please make sure you did it correctly on MAC as following tutorial, you could reset it firstly and upgrade the top one. Please pay attention to LED status on gimbal, it should be blinking red and green during upgrading:
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ken448 Posted at 2016-9-9 04:57
Im having the exact issue as well.  
2 PCs failed
iPad Mini 2 Failed

Hello Ken, really sorry for the inconvenience. Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it would be best to send it in to get it fixed.
2016-9-8
Use props
filmalaska
lvl.2
United States

Update Success!
Ok I was able to complete the latest P4 update successfully by using a computer with DJI Assistant 2. Had a solid wifi connection, a new Apple OEM cable and formatted the SD card. Went smoothly without a hitch. I hope it works for you folks that are having problems. It can be something very small that prevents you from getting updated. Thanks for the suggestions.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

filmalaska Posted at 2016-9-9 13:50
Update Success!
Ok I was able to complete the latest P4 update successfully by using a computer with ...

Glad to hear that you make it, please enjoy your aircraft~
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules